CSO Online's Steve Ragan infects a laptop with Locky Ransomware
PC World Business
After infecting a system with Locky Ransomware, CSO attempted to recover it using basic tools and backups
Labor’s broadband spokesperson, Michelle Rowland, has accused the government of suppressing unflattering information about the NBN, citing its refusal to release redacted portions of the 2013 strategic review into the National Broadband Network.
Since October, millions of internet users have been exposed to malicious code served from the pixels in tainted banner ads meant to install other forms of malware, according to security firm ESET.
Getting a word count with Office for the iPad is simple—but you have to know where to look.
Network World's Brandon Butler gives a quick tour of the Amazon Web Services re:Invent show floor, where companies are showing off products and services that support the AWS cloud.
Twitter has swallowed social app developer Yes and is also getting a new product head as part of the deal.
In the latest episode of Security Sessions, CSO Editor-in-Chief Joan Goodchild chats with Stephen Boyer, CTO and co-founder of BitSight, about the recent DNS attacks against Dyn, and how CSOs can prepare their systems against future attacks.
Network World's Brandon Butler and Blair Hanley Frank from the IDG News Service discuss cloud news from Day 1 of the 2016 Amazon re:Invent show in Las Vegas, including what was up with the "big honking truck" showing up on the keynote stage.
Up for discussion: The 10 most pressing and disruptive technologies for the year ahead, according to Computerworld's Tech Forecast 2017 research.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- How to get a word count with Microsoft Office for iPad
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCITCM Technical Specialist - SydneyNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW