Network World's Brandon Butler gives a quick tour of the Amazon Web Services re:Invent show floor, where companies are showing off products and services that support the AWS cloud.
PC World Business
Twitter has swallowed social app developer Yes and is also getting a new product head as part of the deal.
In the latest episode of Security Sessions, CSO Editor-in-Chief Joan Goodchild chats with Stephen Boyer, CTO and co-founder of BitSight, about the recent DNS attacks against Dyn, and how CSOs can prepare their systems against future attacks.
Network World's Brandon Butler and Blair Hanley Frank from the IDG News Service discuss cloud news from Day 1 of the 2016 Amazon re:Invent show in Las Vegas, including what was up with the "big honking truck" showing up on the keynote stage.
Up for discussion: The 10 most pressing and disruptive technologies for the year ahead, according to Computerworld's Tech Forecast 2017 research.
Amazon is aiming to speed up large data transfer jobs with a truck. The Snowmobile is a big, white semi trailer that can hold 100PB of data that will then get driven to an Amazon endpoint and loaded into its public cloud storage.
For once, there will be a cease-fire in the war between major chip architectures x86, ARM and Power9, all of which will be in a supercomputer being built in Barcelona.
Amazon Web Services CEO Andy Jassy announced three artificial intelligence services that will be available to enterprise users this year, with more expected in 2017.
Repealing the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's less than 2-year-old net neutrality rules appears to be a top tech priority for President-elect Donald Trump, but it may not be an easy road.
San Francisco’s Muni transit system was reportedly hit by ransomware since Friday, leading to the message “You Hacked, ALL Data Encrypted” being displayed on the computer screens at stations, according to newspaper reports.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
- New supercomputer will unite x86, Power9 and ARM chips
- AWS comes out swinging with A.I. services
- How Trump will attack the FCC's net neutrality rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- CCAzure/Sharepoint DeveloperQLD
- CCData Quality AnalystNSW
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- CCTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- FTLinux Unix AdministratorNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCAutoCAD Business System Analyst/ GIS, Spatial AnalystNSW
- FTJunior / Trainee Storage AdministratorNSW
- FTProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst- RFQ, Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- FTProduct OwnerVIC