Labor’s broadband spokesperson, Michelle Rowland, has accused the government of suppressing unflattering information about the NBN, citing its refusal to release redacted portions of the 2013 strategic review into the National Broadband Network.
PC World Business
Since October, millions of internet users have been exposed to malicious code served from the pixels in tainted banner ads meant to install other forms of malware, according to security firm ESET.
Getting a word count with Office for the iPad is simple—but you have to know where to look.
Network World's Brandon Butler gives a quick tour of the Amazon Web Services re:Invent show floor, where companies are showing off products and services that support the AWS cloud.
Twitter has swallowed social app developer Yes and is also getting a new product head as part of the deal.
In the latest episode of Security Sessions, CSO Editor-in-Chief Joan Goodchild chats with Stephen Boyer, CTO and co-founder of BitSight, about the recent DNS attacks against Dyn, and how CSOs can prepare their systems against future attacks.
Network World's Brandon Butler and Blair Hanley Frank from the IDG News Service discuss cloud news from Day 1 of the 2016 Amazon re:Invent show in Las Vegas, including what was up with the "big honking truck" showing up on the keynote stage.
Up for discussion: The 10 most pressing and disruptive technologies for the year ahead, according to Computerworld's Tech Forecast 2017 research.
Amazon is aiming to speed up large data transfer jobs with a truck. The Snowmobile is a big, white semi trailer that can hold 100PB of data that will then get driven to an Amazon endpoint and loaded into its public cloud storage.
For once, there will be a cease-fire in the war between major chip architectures x86, ARM and Power9, all of which will be in a supercomputer being built in Barcelona.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP upgrades the Envy 13 laptop with Kaby Lake, debuts the 4K Envy 27 display
- HP's Spectre x360 puts Kaby Lake and Thunderbolt into a thinner, faster package
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Projects Engineer | Systems Integration and IT Managed ServicesNSW
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Large Site relocation projectNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- RFQ, Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTWeb and Mobile iOS/Android Developer (Permanent)NSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCIngres DeveloperSA