Microsoft will begin the international roll-out of its consumer security software on Jan. 30 when it releases a new version of Windows Live OneCare in the U.S. and 16 other countries.
PC World Business
Families with new high definition (HD) video camcorders and news anchors being broadcast in HD have already discovered just how revealing the picture quality is.
A software engineer in Australia has said he was offered payment by Microsoft to edit certain entries in the Wikipedia online dictionary, opening a heated debate about the ethics of such a move.
Rivals Microsoft and OpenOffice.org on Tuesday both released toolkits that support building applications for their competing document file formats and productivity suites.
Visitors to the German Web site of Google were met with a strange sight early Tuesday morning: gone was the Google logo, replaced by the name of a local Internet service provider with the message that no content was available for the domain.
Microsoft has announced a new codename for the Windows OS that will follow the yet-to-ship Vista: "Vienna."
After much debate and a lot of contention among the overall IEEE membership, the all-important IEEE 802.11n working group has given its stamp of approval to the next draft version of the specification.
As far back as 2003, Microsoft considered introducing its own rival to the iPod or seeking a partnership with Apple, according to evidence introduced Friday at a Microsoft antitrust trial in Iowa.
MySpace.com has filed a lawsuit against the self-proclaimed "Spam King" for allegedly blasting the portal with spam through the use of compromised user accounts, the Web site said on Monday.
Forget what your spouse looks like? Having trouble remembering you're married? There might be a good reason for that: 65 percent of PC users spend more time in front of their monitors than interfacing with their spouses.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
- Your old Apple Watch will feel brand new with watchOS 3, out now
- Which is the best Mac to learn programming and coding: Buying advice for Mac coders
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTSecurity Consultant / SMENSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- TPNetwork and Voice EngineerVIC
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCNetApp Storage Specialist required to join global company in SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- FTTechnical Services EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PermanentACT
- TPPHP Junior Developer/ProgrammerQLD
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- FTMobile DeveloperNSW
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperWA