Unfazed by Telstra's high-profile national Next G mobile network, competing carrier Optus has announced plans to build a nationwide 3G network to cover 95 percent of the population.
PC World Business
More than five years after its predecessor Windows XP was born, Microsoft has unleashed what it sees as its biggest product launch since Windows 95 with the mass market release of the much-anticipated Windows Vista and the 2007 Office System.
Just as Windows 95 ushered in the Internet era, Windows Vista, which will be released to U.S. consumers at midnight on Tuesday, sets the stage for the multimedia hub the PC is set to become in the future, Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates said Monday in ...
Symantec released on Monday a broad suite of software aimed at managing content ranging from e-mail to instant messages plus a new version of its Enterprise Vault archiving product.
When it comes to graphics, Microsoft's new operating system may earn its name. Vista promises plenty of great views with upgrades for richly detailed games, as well as better-looking and more-useful desktop apps.
Microsoft Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Steve Ballmer on Monday attempted to end rumors that Windows Vista will be the last Windows client OS, claiming that Microsoft has "plenty more where that came from" at a press event to mark the consumer launch...
IBM and Intel accelerated their horse race in semiconductors when each unveiled at the same time on Saturday similar chip-manufacturing advances.
From virtual real estate to escort services and casinos, the virtual economy of Second Life is booming and now as the community grows to over 2.6 million registered accounts, more and more real life businesses are setting up shop and finding their fe...
In the first significant step towards free wireless broadband throughout NSW's most popular cities, the state government today announced a tender inviting Internet providers to bid for the large-scale development.
Sydney-based IT analyst firm Hydrasight has delivered a dim forecast for the adoption rate of Windows Vista, stating businesses will question the value the next-generation of Windows can provide.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Trump administration threatens net neutrality, cloud and IoT
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- How to get a word count with Microsoft Office for iPad
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior IT Digital BA/Project ManagerVIC
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCSystem Engineer - AdelaideWA
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness/Data AnalystQLD
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- CCBusiness and Change Deployment LeadVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD