Worldwide spam levels have mysteriously dropped off over the past week, according to managed e-mail provider SoftScan, possibly as a result of a major botnet going out of service.
PC World Business
Microsoft has patched critical vulnerabilities in its Office, Outlook and Windows software.
Ethical issues to do with psychological experimentation may be avoided by conducting experiments in a virtual environment, claims a study by psychologists at the University College London (UCL). The finding opens doors to further research into human ...
SanDisk has unveiled an industry initiative to create a new USB storage device that allows users to move digital content from their PCs to their television sets for viewing on a large screen.
HP is reaching for the consumer market with two new PCs that allow customers to control Microsoft's Windows Vista OS with a touchscreen interface instead of a mouse.
The past few years have seen a clear trend toward ridding desktop PCs of wires. But the VGA cable connecting your system to your monitor has been a stubborn holdout. Now a company called Quartics is looking to sever that tie, using technology that wi...
The recent release of software that can be used to decode encrypted HD DVD and Blu-ray movies is the first step toward making the encryption standard used by these next-generation video players obsolete, Princeton University researchers said Monday.
Motorola announced a new music-enabled mobile phone Monday that syncs its Linux OS with Microsoft's Windows Media Player on Windows XP, as well as PCs running Vista.
Microsoft tried to draw the attention of gamers at the International Consumer Electronics Show on Monday, announcing a keyboard that automates maneuvers and provides quicker response time.
Continuing to chase the grail of a media center PC, AMD announced a notebook version of its AMD Live package, which the company had launched for desktop users in mid-2006.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- That moment when you realize you're exchanging emails with a robot
- Google's Inbox uses machine learning to speed up email replies
- Google's Gmail finally adds the ability to block email, but there's a better way
- New Cryptolocker variant discovered targeting Australians
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW