Formal antitrust charges against computer chip maker Intel in Europe are coming closer, after officials working on the case advised European Union Competition Commissioner Neelie Kroes to push ahead with legal action, according to reports.
PC World Business
A bug in the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) can leave corporate systems open to attack if a user visits a site containing malicious code, security researchers have warned.
Seagate Technology claims to have launched the fastest hard drive, while ProStor has upped the capacity of its removable disk cartridges.
IBM has announced that Harvard University is using an IBM Blue Gene supercomputer, which holds the title as the fastest supercomputer in the world, to support research into the human heart and circulatory system.
Even while Cisco Systems is suing Apple for violating its iPhone trademark, an open-source enthusiast is accusing Cisco itself of infringing copyright in the same product.
A new Web site has popped up that has the potential to represent the best of the Internet -- from the point of view of concerned citizens -- and the worst of the Internet -- from the point of view of almost all governments.
Motorola may face legal trouble over its use of the term Motomusic, the name it uses to market digital music on its mobile phones, because it's been claimed by another company.
Cisco this week is expected to announce what it calls a simplified software distribution model for its routers and switches, and a new software tool to help users more easily manage large-scale networks.
Wireless LAN vendor Aruba Networks this week said it will release a new version of its operating software geared for retail customers grappling with recently mandated security standards.
Still reeling from the effects of a corporate reorganisation that included heavy layoffs, Intel reported a profit of $US1.5 billion for the fourth quarter, down 39 per cent compared to that period last year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Apple commits to run off 100% renewable energy
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW