As far back as 2003, Microsoft considered introducing its own rival to the iPod or seeking a partnership with Apple, according to evidence introduced Friday at a Microsoft antitrust trial in Iowa.
PC World Business
MySpace.com has filed a lawsuit against the self-proclaimed "Spam King" for allegedly blasting the portal with spam through the use of compromised user accounts, the Web site said on Monday.
Forget what your spouse looks like? Having trouble remembering you're married? There might be a good reason for that: 65 percent of PC users spend more time in front of their monitors than interfacing with their spouses.
Malicious software that was sent out in millions of spam messages over the weekend has now infected about 300,000 computers, making it the worst malware outbreak since 2005, Symantec said Monday.
A group of independent record labels behind artists such as The White Stripes and The Arctic Monkeys have joined to form Merlin, an agency that will sell music on sites such as MySpace, YouTube and the new advertising-funded SpiralFrog.
Consumer groups in Germany, France, Norway and Finland have joined forces to step up pressure on Apple to loosen the tight ties between its iTunes online music store and iPod music player.
Parallels, which makes Parallels Desktop for Mac software, acknowledged Monday that it is owned by SWSoft after a report in Fortune magazine broke news of the relationship between the companies.
Microsoft, taking its annual dig at rival IBM/Lotus, announced Monday a set of free tools it plans to ship in February to help customers migrate from Notes/Domino.
Cisco Systems plans to resolve a single license compliance issue regarding the use of Linux in one of its iPhones, the company wrote in a blog posting, but a researcher contends that Cisco has more work to do.
Google has removed a few user names and passwords posted inadvertently to a phishing blacklist it compiles and makes publicly available on the Web, the company said Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- As Dell and HPE revamp, Lenovo sets sights on enterprise cloud servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Analyst - OTC DerivativesAsia
- CCIT Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCSenior System EngineerACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantQLD
- TPAgile Coach. Business AgilityNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- FTSolution Architect / Integration ArchitectVIC
- FTMid Level Web DeveloperNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCImplementation and Deployment SpecialistNSW
- FTUX Designer - more experience will be considered as SeniorAsia
- FTImplementation Consultant SydneyNSW
- FTDigital StrategistACT
- TPPHP Junior Developer/ProgrammerQLD
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experienceACT
- CCSenior Android Developer (6 month contract)NSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Developer : Mainframe (Perth Based)VIC
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementQLD