HP is reaching for the consumer market with two new PCs that allow customers to control Microsoft's Windows Vista OS with a touchscreen interface instead of a mouse.
PC World Business
The past few years have seen a clear trend toward ridding desktop PCs of wires. But the VGA cable connecting your system to your monitor has been a stubborn holdout. Now a company called Quartics is looking to sever that tie, using technology that wi...
The recent release of software that can be used to decode encrypted HD DVD and Blu-ray movies is the first step toward making the encryption standard used by these next-generation video players obsolete, Princeton University researchers said Monday.
Motorola announced a new music-enabled mobile phone Monday that syncs its Linux OS with Microsoft's Windows Media Player on Windows XP, as well as PCs running Vista.
Microsoft tried to draw the attention of gamers at the International Consumer Electronics Show on Monday, announcing a keyboard that automates maneuvers and provides quicker response time.
Continuing to chase the grail of a media center PC, AMD announced a notebook version of its AMD Live package, which the company had launched for desktop users in mid-2006.
The group that certifies Wi-Fi products aims to make more wireless LANs secure by taking some of the work out of locking them down.
Yahoo has released a test upgrade of its services suite for mobile devices, which includes a new search application, as the company keeps trying to extend its products to cell phones.
Yahoo will give users a preview of what it will be like to use a new and improved version of Yahoo Messenger on Microsoft's Windows Vista at the 2007 International Consumer Electronics Show this year.
Sony has revealed a system that will allow viewers of its Bravia flat-panel TV sets to access broadband video content, some of it in high-definition (HD).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dick Smith shareholders left out in the cold
- Corporate “No-Cloud” policy in 2020 will be as rare as a “No-Internet” policy today
- A UK 'Brexit' may have a sunny side for tech
- Top legal tips for startups in the digital space
- Google goes after SharePoint with new enterprise tools
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW