US ISP EarthLink and the City and County of San Francisco have agreed on the terms of a contract under which EarthLink would build a citywide Wi-Fi network. EarthLink would offer a paid service on that network while Google would provide a slower, fre...
PC World Business
A court has ordered YouTube to shut down its video-sharing site in Brazil, after the former fiance of footballer Ronaldo sued the site after a clip appearing to show her having sex was posted online.
Two of the biggest hard-disk drive makers, Seagate Technology and Hitachi Global Storage Technology, both said last week that they plan to have drives on the market with the first half of this year that are capable of holding a terabyte (1000G bytes)...
Continuing a corporate makeover that has already shed 10 per cent of the company's workforce, Intel has announced that it will close an R&D office in South Korea, and that there are further changes to come in 2007.
Toshiba will release a desktop PC version of its HD DVD writer next month in a move to boost support for the next-generation optical disc format. The release will follow the launch of a notebook version last year.
They might be impressively small, and fit up to 750GB into a slim body, but Seagate won't be touting its new FreeAgent family of external hard drives for anything as dull as mere file backup.
Although much of the speculation about new product announcements at the upcoming Macworld Conference & Expo centers around video iPods, a possible Apple mobile phone and iTV, business people have their own product wish lists.
Sharp took the wraps off the largest flat-panel TV yet developed on Sunday. The company unveiled a prototype 108-inch TV during a news conference at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Seagate Technology is planning to begin shipping a hard-disk drive with a 1T-byte storage capacity sometime during the first half of 2007, it said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Top 30 AWS cloud services
- The Good Guys take serious aim at ASX listing
- Google Daydreams about VR, and enterprises take note
- Microsoft pledges to use more renewable energy in its data centers
- Google's mobile productivity apps bury Microsoft's
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Oracle Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Operational ReadinessSA
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW