A key security feature of Windows Vista, User Account Control (UAC) is still nearly unusable, Symantec has said.
PC World Business
Why is it so hard to leave the computer or TV screen when you're in the middle of your favourite game? According to a recent scientific study, it's not just a simple desire for 'zoning out' and fun that draws us to video games, but deeper psychologic...
Digital music sales doubled in 2006 thanks to better distribution, but the rise hasn't made up for the decline in CD sales, the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) said on Wednesday.
Formal antitrust charges against computer chip maker Intel in Europe are coming closer, after officials working on the case advised European Union Competition Commissioner Neelie Kroes to push ahead with legal action, according to reports.
A bug in the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) can leave corporate systems open to attack if a user visits a site containing malicious code, security researchers have warned.
Seagate Technology claims to have launched the fastest hard drive, while ProStor has upped the capacity of its removable disk cartridges.
IBM has announced that Harvard University is using an IBM Blue Gene supercomputer, which holds the title as the fastest supercomputer in the world, to support research into the human heart and circulatory system.
Even while Cisco Systems is suing Apple for violating its iPhone trademark, an open-source enthusiast is accusing Cisco itself of infringing copyright in the same product.
A new Web site has popped up that has the potential to represent the best of the Internet -- from the point of view of concerned citizens -- and the worst of the Internet -- from the point of view of almost all governments.
Motorola may face legal trouble over its use of the term Motomusic, the name it uses to market digital music on its mobile phones, because it's been claimed by another company.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
- Your old Apple Watch will feel brand new with watchOS 3, out now
- Which is the best Mac to learn programming and coding: Buying advice for Mac coders
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDatacenter EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161103/AP/813Asia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTERP Data Migration ConsultantNSW
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- TPNetwork and Voice EngineerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- FTBackup Engineer with Commvault ExperienceNSW
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantVIC
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- FTSenior Business Analyst - General Insurance experience requiredVIC
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - AgileWA
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD