Cisco this week is expected to announce what it calls a simplified software distribution model for its routers and switches, and a new software tool to help users more easily manage large-scale networks.
PC World Business
Wireless LAN vendor Aruba Networks this week said it will release a new version of its operating software geared for retail customers grappling with recently mandated security standards.
Still reeling from the effects of a corporate reorganisation that included heavy layoffs, Intel reported a profit of $US1.5 billion for the fourth quarter, down 39 per cent compared to that period last year.
Hewlett-Packard researchers may have figured out a way to prolong Moore's Law by making chips more powerful and less power-hungry.
A veteran Californian fire investigator said a cell phone that was left on caught fire in a sleeping man's pocket, causing a fire that critically burned the man and heavily damaged his apartment.
Dell has launched its first semirugged notebook PC and plans to compete with Hewlett-Packard and Panasonic for customers who need a computer that can cope with abusive vibration, humidity, altitude and dust.
Toshiba will put on sale in Japan in late February the first laptop PC in the world with support for the write-once HD DVD-R optical disc format.
A Google partner in China has come under fire for allegedly encouraging piracy, the Motion Picture Association (MPA) said Saturday.
The U.S. Attorney's Office for the Northern District of California is investigating the stock options backdating activities of computer and consumer electronics manufacturer Apple.
Reluctantly, he awakes to a stray beam of sunlight peeking through the heavy curtains of his bedroom. It must be late morning - or is it early afternoon? Michael Wilczynska runs a pale hand through his dark, floppy hair as he wanders to the kitchen f...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
- Your old Apple Watch will feel brand new with watchOS 3, out now
- Which is the best Mac to learn programming and coding: Buying advice for Mac coders
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- TPJunior Project ManagerSA
- CCInfrastructure Solution Architect - Banking/Financial Services - Immediate StartNSW
- TPJava Developers X 2QLD
- FTData ScientistSA
- FTERP Data Migration ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS ASP.NET) 161103/AP/269Asia
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- CCUX LeadNSW
- FTIntermediate Front End DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Analyst|Progress ProgrammerQLD
- CCPeopleSoft DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AX - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCCisco Voice ConsultantWA
- CCTesting Business Analyst (Gold Coast based)QLD
- FTCRM Business Process AnalystVIC
- TPCRM Business AnalystVIC
- TPTableau SpecialistNSW