Even before Cisco Systems Chairman and Chief Executive John Chambers took the stage at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), it was clear he'd be talking about the consumer market -- a radical change for a company best known for selling ...
PC World Business
The SanDisk Sansa Connect aims to both connect users and rid them of the need to hook up their player to a PC.
SanDisk has showcased its newly introduced 32GB Solid State Drive at the Storage Visions conference in Las Vegas. SanDisk's model joins Samsung in the nascent Solid State Drive market; Samsung announced its drive in March 2006.
Netgear has boosted its low-end Storage Central two-bay drive enclosure to Gigabit speed and added other features, but the product will face stiffer competition this year from other network storage products.
Microsoft recently took the wraps off its highly anticipated home server software, the brains inside several products that are expected to ship this year. I sat down with a company representative to get a first look at what Microsoft Windows Home Ser...
Facing an explosion of content for PCs and handhelds via Internet, cable and wireless technologies, vendors at CES are spotlighting products designed to make it easier to transmit and manage multimedia data across many types of devices.
Office for Mac users who've been wondering about a new version -- and Office 2007 compatibility -- got some answers on Tuesday as Microsoft said it will ship Office for Mac 2008 by year's end.
Despite comments from a Microsoft executive in testimony released last week in which he called software developers "pawns," the company's success at wooing third-party software developers has long been credited as key to the success of Windows and ot...
Maybe you want flexibility. Maybe you just enjoy shopping around for hard drives on deep-discount rebate sales. Whatever your reasoning, the future is looking good for network-attached storage (NAS) owners. New NAS products are a big trend here at CE...
The group behind the US$100 laptop computer aimed at schoolchildren in developing countries has developed a novel battery recharger for the machine that looks a lot like a yo-yo.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC