US ISP EarthLink and the City and County of San Francisco have agreed on the terms of a contract under which EarthLink would build a citywide Wi-Fi network. EarthLink would offer a paid service on that network while Google would provide a slower, fre...
PC World Business
A court has ordered YouTube to shut down its video-sharing site in Brazil, after the former fiance of footballer Ronaldo sued the site after a clip appearing to show her having sex was posted online.
Two of the biggest hard-disk drive makers, Seagate Technology and Hitachi Global Storage Technology, both said last week that they plan to have drives on the market with the first half of this year that are capable of holding a terabyte (1000G bytes)...
Continuing a corporate makeover that has already shed 10 per cent of the company's workforce, Intel has announced that it will close an R&D office in South Korea, and that there are further changes to come in 2007.
Toshiba will release a desktop PC version of its HD DVD writer next month in a move to boost support for the next-generation optical disc format. The release will follow the launch of a notebook version last year.
They might be impressively small, and fit up to 750GB into a slim body, but Seagate won't be touting its new FreeAgent family of external hard drives for anything as dull as mere file backup.
Although much of the speculation about new product announcements at the upcoming Macworld Conference & Expo centers around video iPods, a possible Apple mobile phone and iTV, business people have their own product wish lists.
Sharp took the wraps off the largest flat-panel TV yet developed on Sunday. The company unveiled a prototype 108-inch TV during a news conference at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Seagate Technology is planning to begin shipping a hard-disk drive with a 1T-byte storage capacity sometime during the first half of 2007, it said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google's DeepMind A.I. can slash data center power use 40%
- Chinese $1.2B deal for Opera crumples
- How to build a strong employee referral culture
- Publishers rely on Facebook at their own peril
- Microsoft customizes Surface tablets for enterprises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CC.Net Developer Application DesignerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW