A new Web site has popped up that has the potential to represent the best of the Internet -- from the point of view of concerned citizens -- and the worst of the Internet -- from the point of view of almost all governments.
PC World Business
Motorola may face legal trouble over its use of the term Motomusic, the name it uses to market digital music on its mobile phones, because it's been claimed by another company.
Cisco this week is expected to announce what it calls a simplified software distribution model for its routers and switches, and a new software tool to help users more easily manage large-scale networks.
Wireless LAN vendor Aruba Networks this week said it will release a new version of its operating software geared for retail customers grappling with recently mandated security standards.
Still reeling from the effects of a corporate reorganisation that included heavy layoffs, Intel reported a profit of $US1.5 billion for the fourth quarter, down 39 per cent compared to that period last year.
Hewlett-Packard researchers may have figured out a way to prolong Moore's Law by making chips more powerful and less power-hungry.
A veteran Californian fire investigator said a cell phone that was left on caught fire in a sleeping man's pocket, causing a fire that critically burned the man and heavily damaged his apartment.
Dell has launched its first semirugged notebook PC and plans to compete with Hewlett-Packard and Panasonic for customers who need a computer that can cope with abusive vibration, humidity, altitude and dust.
Toshiba will put on sale in Japan in late February the first laptop PC in the world with support for the write-once HD DVD-R optical disc format.
A Google partner in China has come under fire for allegedly encouraging piracy, the Motion Picture Association (MPA) said Saturday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- 5 ways Cisco could become an iPhone's best friend
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCDeployment LeadVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCProject Manager - EDRMS ProjectQLD
- CCSystem Engineer - AdelaideWA
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW