Advanced imaging software and 3-D X-ray tomography have finally let scientists create the most detailed reconstruction yet of a 2,100-year-old astronomical calculator.
PC World Business
The question of whether machines will be capable of human intelligence is ultimately a matter for philosophers to take up and not something that scientists can answer, an inventor and a computer scientist agreed during a debate night at the Massachus...
Are bullies over on Second Life kicking virtual sand in your face because you don't have hundreds of hot friends on your MySpace or Facebook page?
The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has subpoenaed Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) and Nvidia as part of an antitrust investigation into the market for graphics processors and graphics cards.
Jihadists now have their own security magazine.
Legal experts are split in their evaluation of Google's defence strategy in two copyright-infringement lawsuits, particularly regarding the company's arm-twisting attempts to extract confidential information from uninvolved competitors.
AMD has a laboratory version of its promised Barcelona quad-core Opteron 8000 server chip to analysts. It plans to begin selling the product in the second quarter of 2007.
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has announced a new US$328 million ($415.5 million) plan to provide computer and Internet services through public libraries in developing nations.
The Free Software Foundation's (FSF) General Public Licence (GPL) is undergoing its biggest overhaul in 15 years and local members of the free software community are participating in the development process.
The U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC) has approved an agreement for VeriSign to continue to operate the .com domain for six more years, despite objections about pricing and security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW