Advanced imaging software and 3-D X-ray tomography have finally let scientists create the most detailed reconstruction yet of a 2,100-year-old astronomical calculator.
PC World Business
The question of whether machines will be capable of human intelligence is ultimately a matter for philosophers to take up and not something that scientists can answer, an inventor and a computer scientist agreed during a debate night at the Massachus...
Are bullies over on Second Life kicking virtual sand in your face because you don't have hundreds of hot friends on your MySpace or Facebook page?
The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has subpoenaed Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) and Nvidia as part of an antitrust investigation into the market for graphics processors and graphics cards.
Jihadists now have their own security magazine.
Legal experts are split in their evaluation of Google's defence strategy in two copyright-infringement lawsuits, particularly regarding the company's arm-twisting attempts to extract confidential information from uninvolved competitors.
AMD has a laboratory version of its promised Barcelona quad-core Opteron 8000 server chip to analysts. It plans to begin selling the product in the second quarter of 2007.
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has announced a new US$328 million ($415.5 million) plan to provide computer and Internet services through public libraries in developing nations.
The Free Software Foundation's (FSF) General Public Licence (GPL) is undergoing its biggest overhaul in 15 years and local members of the free software community are participating in the development process.
The U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC) has approved an agreement for VeriSign to continue to operate the .com domain for six more years, despite objections about pricing and security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCOrganisational Change AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Supply ChainVIC
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA