The service provider business segment is in the process of morphing into multiple parallel lines of business. YouTube.com, Google.com and MySpace.com consider themselves next generation or alternate service providers.
PC World Business
Apple Computer faces a lawsuit in the U.S., following similar charges in Europe, over tying its iTunes music store to the iPod digital music player.
Google has fixed a flaw that would have allowed Web sites to harvest information from Gmail contact lists, a problem that could have let spammers collect reams of new e-mail addresses.
Apple's QuickTime software has a highly serious bug that could leave Windows and Mac users open to attacks by malicious websites, according to a project aimed at disclosing Apple bugs throughout January.
A U.S. computer scientist and a Microsoft researcher have devised a program that drastically reduces application crashes and can prevent some types of attacks by altering the way applications use memory.
Strong sales of consumer electronics over the holiday period pushed worldwide semiconductor sales for November up by 11.3 percent over last year, a trade group reported Tuesday.
A network outage at hosting provider SAVVIS Communications has knocked a number of Web sites offline including Web portal Lycos.
Taiwan's Via Technologies will next month begin shipping a new motherboard series and chipset designed to be used in consumer electronics products.
Yahoo Japan has decided to refund users of its auction Web site any money that was sent to a consumer electronics retailer that abruptly closed down and disappeared.
Verisign is warning of a new e-mail worm arriving in inboxes with the subject "Happy New Year!"
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google age-discrimination lawsuit may become monster
- Telstra acquires HCS from Inabox
- Westpac CIO: How my ‘200-year-old startup’ stays agile
- Why Dropbox left Amazon's cloud and built its own from scratch
- Dick Smith shareholders left out in the cold
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCScrum MasterNSW