While it's taken Microsoft half a decade to bring out a new version of its client operating system, the real development work on Windows Vista only took around two years, according to the head of the company.
PC World Business
Whether as home users or office workers, humans remain the weakest link when it comes to IT security. Sophos expects hackers to exploit this fact and predicts social engineering to rise in 2007.
Ken Kutaragi will leave his position as president of Sony Computer Entertainment (SCEI), the Sony unit responsible for the PlayStation family of games consoles, and hand day-to-day control of the company to Kaz Hirai, previously head of SCEI's U.S. u...
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) launched a motherboard with four cores on Thursday, targeting gaming enthusiasts in an effort to keep pace with the release of quad-core chips by rival Intel.
Financial traders at a London company wear shorts to work because heat from workstations under their desks is so bad. Hewlett-Packard (HP) has invented technology to take the workstations out from under the desks and replace them with blade-style com...
A press conference this week on Second Life, the virtual world where "land" and buildings are now so valuable someone is claiming to have made a million dollars, proved remarkably like a reporter's first life.
Intel has started to produce samples of a quad-core processor called Penryn that offers faster clock speeds and larger cache sizes, according to an executive.
Asustek Computer plans to launch two motherboards complete with phone jacks able to turn common household telephones into Internet phones using Skype's popular VOIP software.
Details of the newest research on the ancient astronomical calculator called the Antikythera Mechanism have been published online by Nature magazine in advance of Thursday's international conference in Athens.
In what the company claims is its biggest launch since Windows 95, Microsoft has announced the local business availability of Windows Vista, the 2007 Microsoft Office system, and Exchange Server 2007.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT