The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) met in Sao Paolo this week and made progress on a project to expand domain names to more languages and alphabets.
PC World Business
Mozilla has hit an early milestone on the road to the next version of its open-source browser, but the final product is still a year away, developers say.
Hewlett-Packard (HP) has agreed to a US$14.5 million settlement in the California civil lawsuit related to the company's spying scandal.
Microsoft has predicted it will sell 1 million Zune devices in its first six months, a figure that would be more than Zune's chief rival iPod sold in its first 14 months but a relatively slow start for the much-hyped MP3 device.
Two consumer protection groups are asking the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to investigate FastMP3Search.com.ar, a Web site that distributes software that can be used to search for digital music on the Web.
Despite a revenue plunge of 9.5 percent, Intel will retain its title as king of the hill for the worldwide semiconductor industry, posting annual revenue of US$31.3 billion for 2006, according to analyst Gartner.
Secunia has produced a free tool that can tell PC users whether they are running insecure versions of common software.
Microsoft has won approval for its Offfice Open XML document format from international standards body ECMA International.
Microsoft plans to patch its Windows and Visual Studio products next week, but it does not have a fix in the works for a widely publicized flaw in Word, which hackers are reportedly exploiting in targeted attacks.
The introduction of Microsoft's Connected Services Framework allows developers to add Xbox Live games to mobile mashups, or applications that combine Web services from different sources.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- iiNet founder Michael Malone joins NBN board
- Apple Pay: 42 percent of people don’t feel secure using it
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- How do you stop patent trolls? This algorithm just might do the trick
- Get ready for your new co-worker – the robot
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW