US ISP EarthLink and the City and County of San Francisco have agreed on the terms of a contract under which EarthLink would build a citywide Wi-Fi network. EarthLink would offer a paid service on that network while Google would provide a slower, fre...
PC World Business
A court has ordered YouTube to shut down its video-sharing site in Brazil, after the former fiance of footballer Ronaldo sued the site after a clip appearing to show her having sex was posted online.
Two of the biggest hard-disk drive makers, Seagate Technology and Hitachi Global Storage Technology, both said last week that they plan to have drives on the market with the first half of this year that are capable of holding a terabyte (1000G bytes)...
Continuing a corporate makeover that has already shed 10 per cent of the company's workforce, Intel has announced that it will close an R&D office in South Korea, and that there are further changes to come in 2007.
Toshiba will release a desktop PC version of its HD DVD writer next month in a move to boost support for the next-generation optical disc format. The release will follow the launch of a notebook version last year.
They might be impressively small, and fit up to 750GB into a slim body, but Seagate won't be touting its new FreeAgent family of external hard drives for anything as dull as mere file backup.
Although much of the speculation about new product announcements at the upcoming Macworld Conference & Expo centers around video iPods, a possible Apple mobile phone and iTV, business people have their own product wish lists.
Sharp took the wraps off the largest flat-panel TV yet developed on Sunday. The company unveiled a prototype 108-inch TV during a news conference at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Seagate Technology is planning to begin shipping a hard-disk drive with a 1T-byte storage capacity sometime during the first half of 2007, it said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
- Thanks to Facebook, voter registrations surge
- Google Photos begins creating animations from videos, gets smarter about fixing sideways pictures
- Microsoft HoloLens eyes enterprise adoption amid crowded field
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (J2EE/JAVA/Web) 161012/SSA/552Asia
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC