Two consumer protection groups are asking the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to investigate FastMP3Search.com.ar, a Web site that distributes software that can be used to search for digital music on the Web.
PC World Business
Despite a revenue plunge of 9.5 percent, Intel will retain its title as king of the hill for the worldwide semiconductor industry, posting annual revenue of US$31.3 billion for 2006, according to analyst Gartner.
Secunia has produced a free tool that can tell PC users whether they are running insecure versions of common software.
Microsoft has won approval for its Offfice Open XML document format from international standards body ECMA International.
Microsoft plans to patch its Windows and Visual Studio products next week, but it does not have a fix in the works for a widely publicized flaw in Word, which hackers are reportedly exploiting in targeted attacks.
The introduction of Microsoft's Connected Services Framework allows developers to add Xbox Live games to mobile mashups, or applications that combine Web services from different sources.
Sales of new Wi-Fi mobile handsets that use Skype software and do not require a PC to make calls are gaining momentum ahead of the holidays, companies report.
ATI Technologies lost ground in every major graphics product category during the third quarter, and its acquisition by Advanced Micro Devices is likely to blame, according to Jon Peddie Research.
Adobe Systems has released a new version of its Reader 8 software that incorporates a link to Web conferencing software the company plans to release next month.
Yahoo put another music track without DRM (digital rights management) on sale through its Yahoo Music service Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Rolling blog: Industry reacts to Budget 2016
- Budget 2016: A "missed opportunity" for startups
- Aussie start-up, Rundl, hits $5bn transaction milestone
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA