You may need at least 1GB of RAM to get Vista working properly but thanks to new NEC technology, it would be long until your PC comes laden with 10GB without the need to add extra slots.
PC World Business
Just 21 percent of U.S. residents believe the next Bill Gates will come from their country, according to a new survey on Internet attitudes released Wednesday.
Apple will soon be a member of the "month of bugs" club.
An alarming "new form" of cyber-extortion uncovered by security vendor Websense in recent days now looks as if it could be nothing more than an elaborate practical joke.
Microsoft has released draft application programming interfaces (API) designed to allow third-party security products to get around a contentious kernel protection technology in the Vista operating system called PatchGuard.
Badly designed Web sites may have negative effects on a user's immune, cardiovascular and nervous systems, a study says.
Yahoo resumed promoting a Yahoo Messenger upgrade on Monday after fixing a bug in the program that altered users' e-mail preferences without their consent.
A French CD duplicator has agreed to compensate Microsoft after producing discs with unauthorized copies of Microsoft software, the companies said Tuesday.
Computer security analysts are studying reports of a worm that may be circulating via a feature in Skype's popular VOIP (voice over Internet protocol) service.
As Windows Vista begins rolling out to business customers, the Free Software Foundation has launched a website devoted to taking Microsoft's latest operating system down a peg.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft’s Iowa data center cluster to reach 3.2M square feet
- Google taps AI to help you bid for digital ads
- Office 365 gets new Word, PowerPoint and Outlook features
- Yahoo abandons fight, sells internet business to Verizon for US$4.8B
- LinkedIn claims Rocket Data beats Apple's iOS caching
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Support Officer (Project Scheduler)WA
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCCommunication LeadVIC