Britain is losing out in computer science, endangering the British economy in the long term, the British Computer Society (BCS) has warned.
PC World Business
An antispam researcher has uncovered a phishing scam that uses computers belonging to both a medical transcription outsourcing company and the Government of Malaysia.
A week after it first appeared in Japan, Sony Computer Entertainment's PlayStation 3 console went on sale in the U.S. and three other countries on Friday.
Nintendo's Wii console will do more to challenge Microsoft's Xbox 360 this holiday shopping season than the long-awaited PlayStation 3 from Sony Computer Entertainment, according to analysts.
Four weeks after beating Wall Street estimates for financial earnings, chip maker Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) will lay off 375 workers, according to published reports.
Spamhaus has published a list of the world's 10 worst spammers. And with inboxes bursting full of Viagra offers, penis pumps and sexual performance enhancers, is it really any wonder that they are all men?
Google's YouTube signed a contract with the National Hockey League (NHL) to offer game highlights, the latest deal struck by the video sharing sensation as it attempts to stamp out pirated clips from its site and avoid copyright lawsuits.
Popular consumer applications like Skype, Google and MSN, are being made available via mobile phones with the announcement of X-Series by global carrier 3.
Skype has launched its first mobile voice-over-IP service in collaboration with an operator, the UK's 3 Group, whose customers will soon be the first to use it.
A former executive at Elpida Memory will serve time in prison and pay a US$250,000 fine for participating in a global conspiracy to fix DRAM (dynamic RAM) prices, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) announced Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple misses iPhone estimates, but sales and profits excel
- Microsoft reports first quarterly loss since 2012 after Nokia write-down
- Intel profit falls as PC slump continues
- Lenovo expands product recall for ThinkPad laptop batteries
- Microsoft plants flagship store on Sydney’s Pitt Street
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW