Amazon is aiming to speed up large data transfer jobs with a truck. The Snowmobile is a big, white semi trailer that can hold 100PB of data that will then get driven to an Amazon endpoint and loaded into its public cloud storage.
PC World Business
For once, there will be a cease-fire in the war between major chip architectures x86, ARM and Power9, all of which will be in a supercomputer being built in Barcelona.
Amazon Web Services CEO Andy Jassy announced three artificial intelligence services that will be available to enterprise users this year, with more expected in 2017.
Repealing the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's less than 2-year-old net neutrality rules appears to be a top tech priority for President-elect Donald Trump, but it may not be an easy road.
San Francisco’s Muni transit system was reportedly hit by ransomware since Friday, leading to the message “You Hacked, ALL Data Encrypted” being displayed on the computer screens at stations, according to newspaper reports.
Alibaba’s cloud business has launched its first data centre in the southern hemisphere, with the company’s range of cloud services available from a Sydney data centre since late last week.
A report by the internet advisory group BITAG on Tuesday identified common security problems in home IoT products and recommended steps vendors should take from now on.
China yesterday signaled that any move to slap steep tariffs on goods imported into the U.S. would lead to retaliation.
Cisco, which has promoted its smart city technologies for more than two years, announced that 10 cities, including Paris and Copenhagen, are using its cloud-based service to connect to traffic, parking and environmental sensors in real time.
Siri can be your enforcer the next time someone owes you money.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- How to get a word count with Microsoft Office for iPad
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperSA
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)WA
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerQLD
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)SA
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXVIC