Disk-storage systems revenue jumped 11.9 per cent globally in 1998 compared to the previous year, reaching a five-year peak, according to a new study by market research firm International Data Corp.
PC World Business
As expected, Intel Corp. has announced that Katmai, the code name for its next-generation microprocessor, will be called Pentium III. Intel also announced the brand name for the version of the processor aimed at the server and workstation markets, th...
Mobile printing has never been easier. For a busy office, reliable and easy-to-use tools are essential. Samsung's latest smart printers are equipped for wireless printing from mobile devices. Find out more about what is all about.
Consumer devices, including mobile and Internet access appliances as well as automotive electronics, will drive growth in the semiconductor market going forward, several industry experts said yesterday during a luncheon panel at a semiconductor confe...
Hayes, probably the world's best known modem manufacturer, has ceased trading in the US, but Hayes International (including Europe and Australia) will continue to operate and honour all business commitments, the company said in a statement.
Microsoft's first witness will testify in the antitrust trial against the software giant that Microsoft does not have a monopoly, and that consumers have benefited from lower prices and better software as a result of the company's actions.
If you think of pagers and cellular telephones as an invasion of your personal space, then try this one on for size. At the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Tron Link Enterprises Co. Ltd. showed a voice-enabled appliance that reminds you to pu...
At Macworld, San Francisco, Microsoft rolled out new versions of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer for the Macintosh, both of which include features not available in the current Windows versions of the products. The new applications -- Internet ...
At the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Ectaco International Inc announced a handheld computer that translates words and sentences between English and other languages and also sends and receives e-mail and faxes.
What more on the Internet could be free -- you ask? One US company has outlined plans to provide Net users with free domain names under a new "personal Web portal" service.
"It's the end of the world as we know it" certain groups springing up on the Net would have you believe about the millennium bug. The irony is, the Web is both the chief venue of communication for such groups, and "the mother of all their fears". As ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Startup SQLdep aims to help DBAs stay sane
- BlackBerry's deal to buy voice crypto company Secusmart blessed by German government
- France, Germany want EU to take a tougher stance on tech firms
- Distracted? Slap this Hitachi gizmo on your forehead to focus
- Divoom Voombox-Travel rugged Bluetooth speaker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Manager | Online Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTClient Services Manager | Digital Client Services ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW