Online auctions won't be limited to obscure collectibles. Two announcements this week will see airfares, holiday packages and hotel rooms go up for the bidding.
PC World Business
Xerox has developed what it calls "Electronic paper" and is now planning to move it into commercial production. The Xerox invention appears greyish blue until a device such as a scanner-like wand creates images, text and pictures.
Some of the world's largest telecommunications firms and handset makers gathered in San Francisco this week to promote a technology that allows Internet content to be tailored for display on mobile telephones, pagers and other wireless devices.
The Windows 98 Service Pack 1, which includes bug fixes and year 2000 upgrades for the Windows 98 operating system, is now available on CD via Microsoft Australia's Web site at a cost of $13.95.
Casio has released a new version of its palm-size PC, the Cassiopeia. The new Cassiopeia E-15 features double the memory of the previous model.
A new virus that affects Word 97 documents will be triggered on July 1 and can destroy data held on a hard drive, antivirus software company Trend Micro has warned.
Five days after confirming acquisition negotiations, Compaq has officially announced that it is selling a majority stake in AltaVista to CMGI, the Internet operating company.
Hitachi Australia has released a new sub-notebook the size of a B5 piece of paper, creating a brand new class of products in portable computing, the company says.
The Secure Digital Music Initiative has met its June 30 deadline for agreeing on a technical specification for portable devices that store music in the digital format. Players supporting the new specification are expected by Christmas.
Logitech has announced the availability of the WingMan Gamepad Extreme, a $99 gamepad that translates tilting movements into on-screen action.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
- New supercomputer will unite x86, Power9 and ARM chips
- AWS comes out swinging with A.I. services
- How Trump will attack the FCC's net neutrality rules
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJunior / Trainee Storage AdministratorNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer / Systems Engineer (January 2017 Start)QLD
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCIT Systems AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- TPBusiness Solutions Analyst - Legacy SystemQLD
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- FTField EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketVIC
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- FTSenior Test Analyst (HL7)VIC
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC