Sydney's short film festival Tropfest will go global this year, thanks to a netcast by Internet development company Spike, it has been announced. The yearly competition, which is to be held in the Sydney Domain and Victoria street, Darlinghurst, on S...
PC World Business
A top Microsoft official has acknowledged in court today that the software company pressed chip giant Intel to pull an Internet multimedia software product off the market in 1995 and to later back away from embracing Java cross-platform technology
Intel is preparing to unveil its forthcoming Pentium III processor in San Jose next month, pulling out all stops in an event bringing together hundreds of the company's industry partners
The highest-ranking Microsoft executive to take the stand in the Microsoft/DoJ case has denied that he threatened to cut off Netscape Communication's "air supply" or that Microsoft used its Office suite of software applications "as a club" to force A...
Videoconferencing competitors Intel and PictureTel last week announced a joint distribution and product development agreement that they hope will speed the growth of global audio/video collaboration.
Compaq has revealed its AltaVista search engine is set to go public and will be involved in a technology-sharing deal with Microsoft. One of the outcomes of the agreement is a planned AltaVista-branded version of Microsoft's Hotmail service
Taiwan's Winbond Electronics Corporation last week became the latest memory maker to sign a licence for Rambus's high-speed memory interface technology. RDRAMs are expected to start replacing synchronous DRAMs as the main memory in high-end PCs later...
A Swiss Web site that publishes song lyrics was shut down by police last week after a group of U.S. music publishers brought a criminal suit against it. The case points out yet again the thorny intellectual property issues that go with the free disse...
The OzSearch Internet Guide -- a categorised listing of Australian Web sites -- has been officially launched. The site was opened for beta-testing in November 1998 and has, according to OzSearch, processed more than 1000 search queries per day.
Hard drive capacities are likely to double or triple in the coming year, while the size of drives remains stable and performance improves somewhat, according to analysts and desktop PC vendors.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple misses iPhone estimates, but sales and profits excel
- Microsoft reports first quarterly loss since 2012 after Nokia write-down
- Intel profit falls as PC slump continues
- Lenovo expands product recall for ThinkPad laptop batteries
- Microsoft plants flagship store on Sydney’s Pitt Street
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW