Canon has brought USB to its flatbed range of scanners, announcing two new models which offer true optical resolutions of 300 and 600dpi.
PC World Business
Internet research company www.consult has released its first Australian Internet Reach Report for the nation's leading Web sites. Top of the list is Ninemsn, while Hotmail, the Web-based e-mail service, takes second place with just over 35 per cent o...
Windows 98 SE consolidates the various updates for the OS and adds one new feature: a gateway for sharing access to the Net across a LAN.
Creative Technology has previewed its first MP3 player -- the Nomad -- in Sydney today. The Nomad will include a radio tuner, a built-in microphone for voice recording and up to 64MB of memory.
AMD's mobile 380MHz K6-III processor makes its debut this week, posing some serious competition for Intel's mobile offerings.
Next week Harvey Norman will release a $999 PC. Designed for "first-time" users, the Signature multi-media PC is based on a Cyrix MII 300 processor.
It appears that Microsoft is taking the threat of competition posed by Linux seriously. The software vendor has reportedly assembled a team of marketing and technology staff to fight a war with the open-source operating system.
The founder of InfoSeek has found that not even $US10 million can buy a glitch-free digital home. From lights switching on and off, an electronic safe that's guaranteed to fail when its 9-volt batteries die to a front door that lets in friends and st...
A new macro virus that threatens files created by Microsoft Office applications has been found. Two antivirus vendors -- Symantec and Network Associates' McAfee have already posted cures for the new virus dubbed 097M.Tristate.
The world got its first glimpse of what could be the future of mobile telephony this week when Japanese company Kyocera unveiled the first mobile phone able to transmit a caller's video image and voice simultaneously.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Banks find big innovation payoff in hackathons
- That moment when you realize you're exchanging emails with a robot
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC