Xerox has developed what it calls "Electronic paper" and is now planning to move it into commercial production. The Xerox invention appears greyish blue until a device such as a scanner-like wand creates images, text and pictures.
PC World Business
Some of the world's largest telecommunications firms and handset makers gathered in San Francisco this week to promote a technology that allows Internet content to be tailored for display on mobile telephones, pagers and other wireless devices.
The Windows 98 Service Pack 1, which includes bug fixes and year 2000 upgrades for the Windows 98 operating system, is now available on CD via Microsoft Australia's Web site at a cost of $13.95.
Casio has released a new version of its palm-size PC, the Cassiopeia. The new Cassiopeia E-15 features double the memory of the previous model.
A new virus that affects Word 97 documents will be triggered on July 1 and can destroy data held on a hard drive, antivirus software company Trend Micro has warned.
Five days after confirming acquisition negotiations, Compaq has officially announced that it is selling a majority stake in AltaVista to CMGI, the Internet operating company.
Hitachi Australia has released a new sub-notebook the size of a B5 piece of paper, creating a brand new class of products in portable computing, the company says.
The Secure Digital Music Initiative has met its June 30 deadline for agreeing on a technical specification for portable devices that store music in the digital format. Players supporting the new specification are expected by Christmas.
Logitech has announced the availability of the WingMan Gamepad Extreme, a $99 gamepad that translates tilting movements into on-screen action.
Telstra has joined a consortium that will build a fibre optic link between Australian and Japan with a data transfer speed of 640 gigabits per second.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- 5 ways Cisco could become an iPhone's best friend
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCChange Manager - O365 Upgrade ProjectQLD
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- CCJunior Business AnalystNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetNSW
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC