You can walk into your local computer dealer and buy an EIDE hard drive with up to 28GB of storage. That may seem large, but hard drive makers are working hard to make it look puny.
PC World Business
PC makers who try to combine Intel's high-end Pentium III processor with an upcoming chipset designed for low-cost PCs could run into problems, an Intel official acknowledged today.
Iomega has announced that it will ship a new high-capacity removable storage device for notebooks. The lightweight, 5mm-thick Clik PC Card Drive fits into the PC Card slot of most notebook and subnotebook computers, and uses 40MB Clik disks.
Logitech has released a new $99 mouse that incorporates both a scroll wheel and cordless radio technology.
A new service launched by Quicken.com.au is hoping to snare current or potential users of the Commonwealth Bank's online stockbroking service, Commonwealth Securities.
Acer is continuing to target the road warrior market with the launch today of the latest update to its notebook range -- the TravelMate 330.
Sony and Hewlett-Packard, in a bid to set a standard for rewritable storage systems, have announced they will begin selling the world's first DVD+RW (digital versatile disk + rewritable) drives.
With all this Internet growth, somebody has to build those Web pages. Market research company IDC says revenues from sales of worldwide Web authoring and design software hit $US243 million in 1998.
Portal leader Yahoo has completed its $US4 billion acquisition of community site GeoCities, absorbing more than 4 million Web homesteaders but jettisoning about two-thirds of the GeoCities staff.
A Trojan horse disguised as a new screensaver is being distributed as spam e-mail over the Internet. Called BackDoor G, the Trojan horse provides an individual with surreptitious access to the client system. Antivirus vendors are advising users to up...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
- Thanks to Facebook, voter registrations surge
- Google Photos begins creating animations from videos, gets smarter about fixing sideways pictures
- Microsoft HoloLens eyes enterprise adoption amid crowded field
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCQA Test Lead- Digital, Mobile, UX, AGILE, CloudNSW
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW