A "medium risk" warning has been issued for 'Heathen.A' -- a new virus that replicates across Microsoft Word 97 files but does not destroy data.
PC World Business
Compaq today confirmed that it is negotiating with CMGI to sell a majority stake in its subsidiary AltaVista, which it acquired through the purchase of Digital Equipment last year.
Epson has been hit by the clear blue bug. No, it's not a virus. It's the design craze that has taken off ever since the release of the first iMac last year. Epson's Stylus Color 740 inkjet printer has been released in transparent blue casing.
AMD's entry into the high-end processor market has been unveiled today, the company officially announcing the release of the Athlon, also known as the K7 processor, which it hopes will make up ground on arch rival Intel.
A new version of QuickPayroll, a member of the Quicken family of accounting software, has been released.
Sooner than anticipated, Harvey Norman has raised the bar in the PC/Net deal market with the announcement of a zero dollar IBM PC tied to a 30-month Internet access contract. The deal was revealed today as Myer/Grace Bros announced its first offering...
In mid-July 3Com is planning to release a new 56K global modem PC Card that can be used in over 250 countries and regions around the world.
With an eye on the growing home networking and Internet appliance markets, S3 intends to buy Diamond Multimedia Systems in a stock deal expected to close in October.
Microsoft's defence in its antitrust trial today revisited the argument that it has not hurt consumers by giving away its browser software and integrating it into its Windows operating system.
Microsoft is hoping to reach a significant Windows 2000 milestone by completing Release Candidate 1 (RC1) of the system by the end of June, but many beta testers still are unclear about when they will get their hands on that issue.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Trump administration threatens net neutrality, cloud and IoT
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- How to get a word count with Microsoft Office for iPad
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCMigration OfficerQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness and Change Deployment LeadVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - EDRMS ProjectQLD
- CCAgile CoachWA
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- TPProject Manager - eDRMSQLD
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC