Microsoft is hoping to reach a significant Windows 2000 milestone by completing Release Candidate 1 (RC1) of the system by the end of June, but many beta testers still are unclear about when they will get their hands on that issue.
PC World Business
Linux inventor Linus Torvalds talks about the upcoming 3.0 kernel, which software he runs, and why Microsoft (eventually) will hop on the bandwagon.
For a limited time users of Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0 are being offered free 50-seat licences of Trend Micro's InterScan WebProtect and InterScan AppletTrap programs.
Symantec has released a free tool to fix PCs infected by the "Chernobyl" CIH virus, which is expected to trigger once again on June 26.
A second Australian accounting software company will list on the Australian Stock Exchange this year with the news yesterday that Quicken software company Reckon has launched an Initial Public Offering.
This weekend Harvey Norman will start offering $650 discounts on brand name PCs if customers enter into two-year Internet access contracts -- the latest deal in a rapidly changing market for home PCs. The retailer says it's only weeks before PC/Net d...
Two new mobile processors with clock speeds of 400MHz have been released by Intel this week. Gateway has already announced that its Solo 9150 notebook will feature the Pentium II 400MHz mobile chip.
A victory has been won for MP3 players this week with a legal win by Diamond Multimedia. A US court has ruled that Diamond's Rio music player does not violate a US law as asserted by the Recording Industry Association of America in a lawsuit.
A new MPEG-1 video capture and editing package from Pinnacle Systems has been released in Australia. The bundle includes a capture device and a range of software for video editing and the production of multimedia CDs and video for the Internet.
With new PC viruses proliferating around the world via e-mail, users are becoming more concerned about the risks that unsolicited e-mail may bring. Following the discovery of the Worm.ExploreZip, software company GFI has released a free anti-Spam pro...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
- New supercomputer will unite x86, Power9 and ARM chips
- AWS comes out swinging with A.I. services
- How Trump will attack the FCC's net neutrality rules
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- CCAutomated Test EngineerACT
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- TPMid Level Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramVIC
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- TPOffice 365 Technical ConsultantQLD
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- TPProject Manager | Sunshine Coast Location - Sea Change?QLD
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterVIC