Windows CE, Microsoft's answer to the handheld operating system will get a major face-lift in the fourth quarter, the company has been telling its key partners. Code-named Rapier the new system will be significantly easier to use, the company says.
PC World Business
In August Sharp will launch the world's first video camera that uses the MPEG-4 digital video compression standard, the company has announced.
One hundred Victorians over the age of 55 will be given vouchers for free Internet training and Net access under a state government scheme launched today.
A top IBM executive has testified in the Microsoft antitrust case that Microsoft made threats against PC makers who were considering IBM's OS/2 operating system. Compaq, Hewlett-Packard and the IBM PC company all chose not to use OS/2 in fear of reta...
If finding an MP3 file in the shortest amount of time and with the least amount of work appeals, MP3 Fiend, a free program available on the Net will be of interest to you.
Traffic to the new genealogy Web site launched by the Mormon Church this week has exceeded expectations such that its operators are offering access to users on a rotational basis. The site has been receiving 40 million hits per day and turning away a...
USB 2.0 should make it simple to attach far many more peripherals -- when it arrives a year from now.
Starting next Tuesday national retailer Harvey Norman will be hosting the battle of the CD-ROM encyclopaedias. Both IBM and Microsoft will be offering special cashback deals on World Book and Encarta CD-ROMs through the retailer.
The Melissa virus, which swept across networks around the world last month, has popped up again in a mutated format, which may have occurred when it inadvertently came in contact with another virus.
Canon has brought USB to its flatbed range of scanners, announcing two new models which offer true optical resolutions of 300 and 600dpi.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
- 5 Oppo F1s review: 2016 has another King of the Best Value phones
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
- Your old Apple Watch will feel brand new with watchOS 3, out now
- Which is the best Mac to learn programming and coding: Buying advice for Mac coders
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- NSPython Developer (DevOps)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT