Microsoft is expanding its push into the digital audio realm by purchasing technology developed by Interactive Objects that allows users of handheld devices running Windows CE to play audio in Microsoft's Windows Streaming Media file format.
PC World Business
Downloadable music has been making the headlines, but how big a splash is it making with consumers? Major Internet players are choosing sides, startups are vying for brand recognition, independent labels are flocking to the Web and the recording esta...
Intel today launched its fastest Celeron processor yet, the Celeron 466. The vendor also announced a new chipset to be launched in June, which will make low-cost PCs more realistic for business users.
Chip king Intel is branching into cyberspace with ambitious plans to become a major provider for Web hosting, storage and Internet content and services. The company will roll-out "bit factories" -- server farms -- worldwide over the next 12 months.
Lycos has launched its own online radio station -- Lycos Radio. It's not all altruistic though -- whilst listeners are viewing streaming video and still-images with the music, they'll be presented the opportunity to purchase related merchandise.
Last week's $1.49 billion hostile takeover bid by Cable & Wireless Optus for AAPT would seriously damage competition in Australia's telecommunications market if it succeeds, a leading industry analyst claims.
CIH 1.2 -- a fiercely destructive virus that may already be sitting dormant in the memory of computer users' systems, is expected to become active on Monday, April 26. Antivirus vendors have already updated their solutions to protect against CIH, whi...
Internet Names Australia has been selected as one of five companies in the world to test a new system for the registration of domain names. The new system is hoped to bring competition to the market and a possible decline in pricing.
Microsoft has identified three more "minor" year 2000 bugs in Windows 98 and will release fixes soon, the company has announced.
Pfeiffer blamed Compaq's recent dismal financial quarters on industry-wide pricing problems and low demand for PCs. Analysts however, say the writing was on the wall for the number one PC seller . . .
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn ProFinder helps freelancers land jobs
- What you need to do to stop data from leaving with exiting employees
- As Zika looms, a question arises: Who gets to telecommute?
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCOracle DevelopersACT
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCDeployment CoordinatorNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- CCProject Manager - open source softwareACT
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCTIM / TAM ArchitectACT
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia