A new malicious worm that can destroy files on a PC is circulating via e-mail, the Symantec Antivirus Research Centre (SARC) has warned today.
PC World Business
The database market for the Windows CE operating system is shaping up with Microsoft joining the race yesterday as the last horse. By the end of the year Sybase, Oracle and IBM will have all shipped mobile databases for Windows CE.
While the politicians and Internet industry tackle how the Broadcasting Services Amendment (Online Services) Bill will in fact work, parents worried about their children's Web surfing habits can be proactive with this free tool.
According to the latest report from the Microsoft/US Department of Justice trial, the software giant urged IBM to delay shipping its Smart Suite "for six months to a year", whilst in licensing negotiations for Windows 95.
Yesterday Microsoft finally launched Office 2000, the long awaited upgrade to the Office 97 suite. Expect to see the Standard Edition of Office 2000 on retail shelves, Thursday.
The smart handheld device market continues to undergo healthy market growth, with 1999 worldwide unit shipments expected to total 8.9 million, according to a just-released forecast report by International Data Corp.
Epson is driving its sales in the desktop and designer market, with the bundling of Adobe's Photoshop 5.0 with selected scanner and colour inkjet products.
You can walk into your local computer dealer and buy an EIDE hard drive with up to 28GB of storage. That may seem large, but hard drive makers are working hard to make it look puny.
PC makers who try to combine Intel's high-end Pentium III processor with an upcoming chipset designed for low-cost PCs could run into problems, an Intel official acknowledged today.
Iomega has announced that it will ship a new high-capacity removable storage device for notebooks. The lightweight, 5mm-thick Clik PC Card Drive fits into the PC Card slot of most notebook and subnotebook computers, and uses 40MB Clik disks.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
- New supercomputer will unite x86, Power9 and ARM chips
- AWS comes out swinging with A.I. services
- How Trump will attack the FCC's net neutrality rules
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTIteration ManagerSA
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- FTTelco TechnicianNSW
- FTStorage Systems Administrator l HDS & EMC TechnologiesNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperNSW
- CCAutomated Test EngineerACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions EngineerVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)ACT
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- TPSharePoint SpecialistQLD
- CCGIS ConsultantQLD
- FTUX/UI DesignerWA
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCQuality and Testing Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCProduct Designer - UIACT
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleVIC
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Project Analyst, PMO, WealthNSW
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD