A student has developed an antidote to help users who lost data to the CIH computer virus. Developed a day after the virus wreaked havoc on Asia, the antidote is now available freely on the Net.
PC World Business
An alliance of hardware vendors is set to unveil a series of new programs designed to make it easier for enterprises and consumers to evaluate whether their PCs and applications are year 2000-compliant.
Tired of waiting for Sun Microsystems to develop standardised real-time extensions for its popular Java programming language, Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard and others have formally organised to do the job.
Microsoft has confirmed the existence of a "complicated and less effective" security bug in Internet Explorer 5 that permits access to the passwords of shared machines.
Microsoft has sent Windows 98 Second Edition to manufacturing and you should be able to buy it within a few weeks, as promised.
The MP3 juggernaut picked up speed this week as three companies released free beta software designed to make it easier to obtain and play the huge variety of music content on the Net.
Kyocera Electronics, best known in Australia for its network and personal printer range, has entered the digital camera market with the launch of the Yashica Samurai 1300DG.
Citing the financial beating it has taken over the past few quarters, National Semiconductor has announced it will pull out of the Intel-compatible processor market.
The Australian Computer Society is hoping a new training scheme will make learning how to use a PC as easy as learning how to drive. The internationally-recognised program will award successful students with an "International Computer Driving Licence...
If the joystick is not your game controller of preference, Logitech's new WingMan Gaming Mouse may be of interest. Specifically designed for gamers, the new mouse features a fast report rate and design enhancements for game play.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Apple commits to run off 100% renewable energy
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia