With an eye on the growing home networking and Internet appliance markets, S3 intends to buy Diamond Multimedia Systems in a stock deal expected to close in October.
PC World Business
Microsoft's defence in its antitrust trial today revisited the argument that it has not hurt consumers by giving away its browser software and integrating it into its Windows operating system.
Microsoft is hoping to reach a significant Windows 2000 milestone by completing Release Candidate 1 (RC1) of the system by the end of June, but many beta testers still are unclear about when they will get their hands on that issue.
Linux inventor Linus Torvalds talks about the upcoming 3.0 kernel, which software he runs, and why Microsoft (eventually) will hop on the bandwagon.
For a limited time users of Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0 are being offered free 50-seat licences of Trend Micro's InterScan WebProtect and InterScan AppletTrap programs.
Symantec has released a free tool to fix PCs infected by the "Chernobyl" CIH virus, which is expected to trigger once again on June 26.
A second Australian accounting software company will list on the Australian Stock Exchange this year with the news yesterday that Quicken software company Reckon has launched an Initial Public Offering.
This weekend Harvey Norman will start offering $650 discounts on brand name PCs if customers enter into two-year Internet access contracts -- the latest deal in a rapidly changing market for home PCs. The retailer says it's only weeks before PC/Net d...
Two new mobile processors with clock speeds of 400MHz have been released by Intel this week. Gateway has already announced that its Solo 9150 notebook will feature the Pentium II 400MHz mobile chip.
A victory has been won for MP3 players this week with a legal win by Diamond Multimedia. A US court has ruled that Diamond's Rio music player does not violate a US law as asserted by the Recording Industry Association of America in a lawsuit.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Israeli soldiers hit in cyberespionage campaign using Android malware
- Researcher develops ransomware attack that targets water supply
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- AT&T, IBM, Nokia join to make IoT systems safer
- Apple's Plus plan pays off
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnical Support AnalystACT
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)ACT
- FTBid ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCSalesforce - Functional Analyst (BA)NSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)Other
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- CCServiceNOW DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Natural/Adabas)SA
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantQLD
- TPChange AnalystQLD
- TPService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- TPImplementation Business Partner - Business ModernisationNSW
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- TPSharePoint AnalystQLD
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - NetApp SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCUI UX AnalystWA