Hayes, probably the world's best known modem manufacturer, has ceased trading in the US, but Hayes International (including Europe and Australia) will continue to operate and honour all business commitments, the company said in a statement.
PC World Business
Microsoft's first witness will testify in the antitrust trial against the software giant that Microsoft does not have a monopoly, and that consumers have benefited from lower prices and better software as a result of the company's actions.
At the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Ectaco International Inc announced a handheld computer that translates words and sentences between English and other languages and also sends and receives e-mail and faxes.
If you think of pagers and cellular telephones as an invasion of your personal space, then try this one on for size. At the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Tron Link Enterprises Co. Ltd. showed a voice-enabled appliance that reminds you to pu...
At Macworld, San Francisco, Microsoft rolled out new versions of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer for the Macintosh, both of which include features not available in the current Windows versions of the products. The new applications -- Internet ...
What more on the Internet could be free -- you ask? One US company has outlined plans to provide Net users with free domain names under a new "personal Web portal" service.
"It's the end of the world as we know it" certain groups springing up on the Net would have you believe about the millennium bug. The irony is, the Web is both the chief venue of communication for such groups, and "the mother of all their fears". As ...
Will 1998 be remembered as the year the balance of power shifted in the IT industry? What was once an upstart PC clone-maker bought out one of the most august computer pioneers; the alliance that was once the dominant duopoly in PCs began to fracture...
If you were looking for one event this year that generated a plethora of interesting, funny and scathing comments, you need to look no further than the ongoing US Government antitrust trial brought against Microsoft.
Microsoft has begun the process of appealing a preliminary injunction awarded to Sun Microsystems in its Java technology lawsuit against the software maker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager, Network, FinanceNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - AdventedgeVIC
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTInternal Audit ConsultantACT
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW