A crippling and embarrassing virus dubbed "Melissa" is circulating countless e-mail in-boxes around the globe this week causing major corporations touched by the virus to halt all out-going e-mail.
PC World Business
Intel wants to outfit its PIII users for a "rich and rewarding" Internet experience. The chipmaker today launched the Intel WebOutfitter service, the company's first dip into the Internet service arena.
Microsoft has announced it will release a tool within a week to delete an Windows 98-generated ID number from users hard drives.
The Internet, Real Networks and a Dutch service provider have come to the aid of a Belgrade-based radio station that was shut down last Wednesday by Yugoslavian authorities.
The Web is still too complex, too inefficient, and not private enough, says its inventor: Tim Berners-Lee. Ten years after he invented the Web, Berners-Lee is pushing for a new standard to improve its indexing capabilities.
The US DoJ and state attorneys general will meet with Microsoft next week to discuss the company's offer to settle its antitrust case. Details about the negotiations have not been released, the DoJ saying it will keep tight-lipped on the matter.
The ORB -- a 2.2GB removable storage drive priced at $399 -- has been launched in Australia.
Microsoft has made moves to settle its antitrust case, submitting a proposal to the US DoJ. Reports claim though, that the proposal is "not going far enough".
For a limited time, the daVinci PDA will be sold with its optional folding palm-sized keyboard at no extra cost, its Australian distributor has announced.
AOL's efforts to fold Netscape into its organisation may see up to 1000 workers from both companies being laid off.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SanDisk builds tougher flash for IoT devices
- It's official: HP will break itself in two
- Seagate launches 4TB portable drive with wireless smartphone backup
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW