According to the latest report from the Microsoft/US Department of Justice trial, the software giant urged IBM to delay shipping its Smart Suite "for six months to a year", whilst in licensing negotiations for Windows 95.
PC World Business
Yesterday Microsoft finally launched Office 2000, the long awaited upgrade to the Office 97 suite. Expect to see the Standard Edition of Office 2000 on retail shelves, Thursday.
The smart handheld device market continues to undergo healthy market growth, with 1999 worldwide unit shipments expected to total 8.9 million, according to a just-released forecast report by International Data Corp.
Epson is driving its sales in the desktop and designer market, with the bundling of Adobe's Photoshop 5.0 with selected scanner and colour inkjet products.
You can walk into your local computer dealer and buy an EIDE hard drive with up to 28GB of storage. That may seem large, but hard drive makers are working hard to make it look puny.
PC makers who try to combine Intel's high-end Pentium III processor with an upcoming chipset designed for low-cost PCs could run into problems, an Intel official acknowledged today.
Iomega has announced that it will ship a new high-capacity removable storage device for notebooks. The lightweight, 5mm-thick Clik PC Card Drive fits into the PC Card slot of most notebook and subnotebook computers, and uses 40MB Clik disks.
Logitech has released a new $99 mouse that incorporates both a scroll wheel and cordless radio technology.
A new service launched by Quicken.com.au is hoping to snare current or potential users of the Commonwealth Bank's online stockbroking service, Commonwealth Securities.
Acer is continuing to target the road warrior market with the launch today of the latest update to its notebook range -- the TravelMate 330.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
- How to make home IoT more secure: Assume the worst
- Researchers build undetectable rootkit for programmable logic controllers
- Google clashes with Microsoft over Windows flaw disclosure
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPDeployment Support EngineerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- TPSenior|Principal SAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTChief Information Security OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCWebMethod DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT