According to executives of the Federal Government's year2k Industry Program, industry still remains under-prepared to cope with any unexpected surprises on January 1, 2000
PC World Business
Some versions of Office 2000 will be equipped with a new Registration Wizard that will shut down the desktop applications suite if the user has not registered it with Microsoft after 50 uses, the company has announced
Intel has announced it is giving a royalty-free license for its Pentium processor design to the US Government, which will custom-make chips for space and defense use
Hewlett-Packard has unveiled a new line of high-powered servers -- the first release's configuration to include 32 central processing units
South Carolina's exit from the Microsoft antitrust suit is "totally inconsequential" to the case, said the leading trial attorney for the now 19 US states participating in the lawsuit
Compaq has added a new entry-level notebook to its Armada range, the $3095 Armada 1575D
Microsoft said today it has identified "minor year 2000 issues" in its Windows 98 operating system which under certain circumstances can cause the wrong date to be displayed after December 31, 1999
If Bill Gates knew his videotaped deposition would be shown during the US Government's antitrust trial against his company, he would have done it differently. Gates said he might have smiled more and asked for a better camera
Microsoft has released a new version of its Java Virtual Machine for Windows and Internet Explorer, to comply with the court order delivered last month in Sun's Java lawsuit against Microsoft
Nine months after Netscape released the Communicator source code to the public domain, and the company has unveiled a developers' preview release called Gecko. Its unprecedented speed and size clearly indicate the directions Netscape's flagship prod...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
- LinkedIn aims to make email more professional, with LinkedIn Intro
- 5G will have to do more than send speed up your phone, Ericsson says
- Wireless world record: Researchers transfer data at 100Gbps through the air
- Google to feature user recommendations in ads
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW