Microsoft said it has made a tool available that can be used to delete an identifying number from users' hard drives that was generated when they registered Windows 98.
PC World Business
US Authorities have arrested and charged a man suspected of creating the Melissa e-mail virus and unleashing it on the world from his apartment in a New Jersey shore town.
SAP recently announced an equity investment in Red Hat Software, a distributor of the Linux open-source OS.
Australian Internet directory Looksmart has secured $95 million in private equity, bringing the San Francisco-based company's total capital raised to date to $125.9 million.
The judge in the Microsoft antitrust trial acknowledged today that the trial will not resume until May 10 at the earliest, while remaining mum about settlement negotiations that began Tuesday.
PC audio and video specialist Creative Technology yesterday released its new PC-DVD Encore 6X Dxr3 kit aimed at adding high-performance DVD (digital video disk) entertainment capabilities to standard PCs.
Everybody likes the look of desktop digital flat-panel displays, but connecting one to your PC can get confusing.
The Victorian Government has publicly released its Y2K state of readiness, in accordance with a national agreement reached last year.
In the midst of settlement talks with the US DoJ, Microsoft has reorganised into five new divisions focused on customer groups. Microsoft president Steve Ballmer denies though that the company is anywhere near breaking up.
A copycat virus similar to Melissa -- the e-mail virus which started wreaking havoc on Friday -- has been discovered by Network Associates. Dubbed Papa, the new virus is believed to be even more dangerous than its predecessor.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google taps AI to help you bid for digital ads
- Office 365 gets new Word, PowerPoint and Outlook features
- Yahoo abandons fight, sells internet business to Verizon for US$4.8B
- LinkedIn claims Rocket Data beats Apple's iOS caching
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCHigh Severity Incident ManagerVIC
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD