In response to privacy concerns over a processor serial number that is burned into Pentium III chips, IBM said it will disable the ID feature in the Pentium III computers it sells.
PC World Business
The takeover of Australia's largest internet service provider, OzEmail, by telecommunications carrier, MCI WorldCom, has finally taken place.
Just days prior to the release of Intel's new Pentium III processor and concerns over its unique identification serial number are widening. One German PC publication claims to have devised a method for activating and reading the serial number without...
US Internet auction house eBay and Australian company PBL Online have announced a partnership deal to bring a localised version of eBay's auction service to the Australian and New Zealand markets
Australia and Singapore will jointly work on 10 IT initiatives valued at $US29.2 million following the signing of a memorandum of understanding yesterday
A higher speed version of the Universal Serial Bus is on its way, Intel has announced at its developers forum this week. USB 2.0 will offer up to 10 or 20 times the speed of the current USB specification
Worldwide PC sales will overtake television sales in the year 2000, Intel executive vice president Paul Otellini has predicted. Citing various industry sources, Otellini said PC sales have already outstripped television sales in Australia, Canada, De...
A week ahead of Intel's Pentium III launch, and rival AMD has announced the release of the K6-III processor, the company's highest-performance x86 chip
Forced by the impossibility of importing US-made high level encryption software, one Melbourne-based company has sought the assistance of Wollongong University to develop a 168-bit encryption tool
It gained huge popularity as a free beta over the last couple of years, but instant messaging app ICQ is set for a commercial reinvention this week. At the request of parent company AOL, ICQ is to be launched as a "next-generation communications port...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SanDisk builds tougher flash for IoT devices
- It's official: HP will break itself in two
- Seagate launches 4TB portable drive with wireless smartphone backup
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- FTApplication Team Lead | Billing & CreditVIC
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW