In Japan, an electronics company has developed a robotic cat designed to be a companion for elderly people. Tama, which acts as a conversation partner for elderly people will allow health workers to "talk" through it -- sending local news, medical in...
PC World Business
Primarily known as a chipmaker, Intel is ramping up its networking arm with new products and acquisitions.
Gateway has announced new PC configurations incorporating Intel's latest Celeron processor, the 433MHz, which was launched yesterday.
A breakup of Microsoft into smaller companies is "not on the radar screen" Bill Gates has said at a conference in Miami. The CEO of Microsoft says such speculation is "really inappropriate".
The latest release of Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser has met with criticism from competitor Netscape Communications -- too big, too desktop-centric and lacking standards support, claims a white paper from the vendor.
A new product from Caere enables users to auto-generate HTML pages from paper documents via OCR and a new technology called LSR.
The Intel PIII privacy saga continues: following news that hackers have worked out how to disable a software fix issued by Intel, Symantec has developed software to protect that fix.
Sending e-mail messages over the Internet may take a new twist by early next year, when users will be able to send e-mails and files, not to another PC, but directly to someone else's printer.
The most recent release of Internet Explorer -- version 5 -- will hurt Microsoft's defense in its antitrust trial, says a DoJ representative.
The mouse will not only survive the widespread industry interest in voice recognition, but will continue to evolve, according to the CEO of Logitech -- the company which later this year will launch a "Force-Feedback" mouse.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dick Smith shareholders left out in the cold
- Corporate “No-Cloud” policy in 2020 will be as rare as a “No-Internet” policy today
- A UK 'Brexit' may have a sunny side for tech
- Top legal tips for startups in the digital space
- Google goes after SharePoint with new enterprise tools
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCMulesoft Integration DeveloperWA
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC