In the belief that Microsoft will either lose its antitrust case or settle, antitrust experts, industry groups and some software businesses met last week to debate possible remedies in this historic case. But what remedies? Opinions varied but most a...
PC World Business
The Business Software Association of Australia is giving users of illegal software a 60-day grace period in which to "get legal". The amnesty starts today . . .
A new utilities package has hit the Australian software market, Fix-It Utilities 99. The $89.95 program covers the gamut of PC problems from file recovery to crash and antivirus protection.
Zero-Knowledge Systems, a company which developed a demonstration of how malicious code can steal user's Pentium III ID number without them knowing, has had its demonstration program targeted by Intel and Symantec.
A new upgrade of the Australian-made Web analysis tool Funnel Web has been released. The new version brings a 1000 per cent speed increase in DNS resolution and four new reports, claims its maker Active Concepts.
Are you worried that the Pentium III doesn't really offer enough horsepower for games and video? Adding high-end multimedia support to its performance PC chip line, Intel has announced its 752 graphics accelerator, optimised for the PIII.
Beta 3 of Windows 2000, due to be released to manufacturers by the end of the week, will be a feature-complete version of the client/server OS, company officials said yesterday.
Microsoft is expanding its push into the digital audio realm by purchasing technology developed by Interactive Objects that allows users of handheld devices running Windows CE to play audio in Microsoft's Windows Streaming Media file format.
Downloadable music has been making the headlines, but how big a splash is it making with consumers? Major Internet players are choosing sides, startups are vying for brand recognition, independent labels are flocking to the Web and the recording esta...
Intel today launched its fastest Celeron processor yet, the Celeron 466. The vendor also announced a new chipset to be launched in June, which will make low-cost PCs more realistic for business users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
- Thanks to Facebook, voter registrations surge
- Google Photos begins creating animations from videos, gets smarter about fixing sideways pictures
- Microsoft HoloLens eyes enterprise adoption amid crowded field
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC