The bubble may have burst. Internet stocks on US markets took a beating today, with the stock of many of the larger Internet companies falling by as much as 28 per cent. Among those, Excite, Cnet and America Online.
PC World Business
On May 1 Sony will release a new CD-R drive featuring CD-RW capabilities, the company has announced.
Will its own desktop version of Linux help save Corel and return it to profitability? Company executives hope so, announcing yesterday that Corel Desktop Linux and Linux versions of WordPerfect Office and CorelDraw to be released over 1999/2000 will ...
Lexmark has released a new compact business-class laser printer, a new addition to its Optra range, and featuring a sub-$1000 price tag.
Microsoft will offer a 45-day trial version of FrontPage 2000, the company has confirmed. The Web authoring package, designed to integrate with the next version of Microsoft Office, will be released to market in June.
AOL has released news that its worldwide membership has surpassed the 17 million mark. But in the end, says an analyst, AOL will not corner the market -- there will still be Internet users who don't want the "guiding hand" or specialised approach tha...
Notebook computer prices, which have declined steadily over the past two years, will plateau and possibly increase over the foreseeable future, due to an industrywide shortage of LCD screens.
Creative Technology, best known for its SoundBlaster audio cards, has entered the Internet music market with the launch of Nomad, an MP3 portable digital audio player.
The software giant has unveiled Windows Media Technologies (WMT) 4.0 -- its answer to MP3 -- during a star-studded event at in Los Angeles.
Following an extensive customer survey Microsoft has announced it will work to eliminate two of the biggest complaints about Windows NT -- the need to constantly reboot servers and systems failures that lead to the blue screen of death.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry stops making hardware, but BlackBerry phones live on
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- OneDrive's file placeholders will return to Windows 10 as On-Demand Sync
- Automated ports and a city of sensors: Cisco chief outlines blueprint for Hamburg smart city
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW