Windows CE, Microsoft's answer to the handheld operating system will get a major face-lift in the fourth quarter, the company has been telling its key partners. Code-named Rapier the new system will be significantly easier to use, the company says.
PC World Business
In August Sharp will launch the world's first video camera that uses the MPEG-4 digital video compression standard, the company has announced.
One hundred Victorians over the age of 55 will be given vouchers for free Internet training and Net access under a state government scheme launched today.
A top IBM executive has testified in the Microsoft antitrust case that Microsoft made threats against PC makers who were considering IBM's OS/2 operating system. Compaq, Hewlett-Packard and the IBM PC company all chose not to use OS/2 in fear of reta...
If finding an MP3 file in the shortest amount of time and with the least amount of work appeals, MP3 Fiend, a free program available on the Net will be of interest to you.
Traffic to the new genealogy Web site launched by the Mormon Church this week has exceeded expectations such that its operators are offering access to users on a rotational basis. The site has been receiving 40 million hits per day and turning away a...
USB 2.0 should make it simple to attach far many more peripherals -- when it arrives a year from now.
Starting next Tuesday national retailer Harvey Norman will be hosting the battle of the CD-ROM encyclopaedias. Both IBM and Microsoft will be offering special cashback deals on World Book and Encarta CD-ROMs through the retailer.
The Melissa virus, which swept across networks around the world last month, has popped up again in a mutated format, which may have occurred when it inadvertently came in contact with another virus.
Canon has brought USB to its flatbed range of scanners, announcing two new models which offer true optical resolutions of 300 and 600dpi.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FCC rolls back net neutrality ISP transparency rules
- Israeli soldiers hit in cyberespionage campaign using Android malware
- Researcher develops ransomware attack that targets water supply
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- AT&T, IBM, Nokia join to make IoT systems safer
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCServiceNOW DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- TPProduct Owner - Cloud SolutionsQLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- TPAnalyst Programmer (Adabas)SA
- CCIT Infrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- TPAgile CoachNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystACT
- TPProject ManagerOther
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW