IMSI has released a software utility that allows users to copy the contents of CD-ROMs to their hard drives, with compression rates of up to 80 per cent
PC World Business
Some versions of Office 2000 will be equipped with a new Registration Wizard that will shut down the desktop applications suite if the user has not registered it with Microsoft after 50 uses, the company has announced
South Carolina's exit from the Microsoft antitrust suit is "totally inconsequential" to the case, said the leading trial attorney for the now 19 US states participating in the lawsuit
Compaq has added a new entry-level notebook to its Armada range, the $3095 Armada 1575D
Hewlett-Packard has unveiled a new line of high-powered servers -- the first release's configuration to include 32 central processing units
Intel has announced it is giving a royalty-free license for its Pentium processor design to the US Government, which will custom-make chips for space and defense use
Microsoft said today it has identified "minor year 2000 issues" in its Windows 98 operating system which under certain circumstances can cause the wrong date to be displayed after December 31, 1999
Nine months after Netscape released the Communicator source code to the public domain, and the company has unveiled a developers' preview release called Gecko. Its unprecedented speed and size clearly indicate the directions Netscape's flagship prod...
Microsoft has released a new version of its Java Virtual Machine for Windows and Internet Explorer, to comply with the court order delivered last month in Sun's Java lawsuit against Microsoft
If Bill Gates knew his videotaped deposition would be shown during the US Government's antitrust trial against his company, he would have done it differently. Gates said he might have smiled more and asked for a better camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Atlassian president on IPO - 'We're overjoyed'
- After 10 years of profitability, Atlassian steps up for an IPO
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
- Merry Christmas: Kogan donated $10K to support the open-source community
- Gmail iOS app gets better navigation, message handling on iPads
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCJava/J2EE ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT