RealNetworks, the company behind the RealPlayer today launched a presence in Australia. Declaring there's an underwhelming supply of compelling Australian content for the RealPlayer, the local office will attempt to encourage local broadcasters, ente...
PC World Business
The merger of two Australian IT companies -- modem-maker Sirius Technologies and memory company Hypertec -- has been called off. According to the companies, they could not reach an agreement on commercial arrangements.
Kingston Technology is readying to launch a new processor upgrade package which brings 166MHz or faster PCs up to 366MHz. The TurboChip 366 will be released in June.
The first update of Netscape Communicator to come from America Online hit the Internet this week. The proud new parent boasts that its entry is the smartest and fastest browser on the block.
Like any respectable sport, Web surfing offers plenty of opportunity for gathering statistics. Frequency of content updates, average download time, and hit counts all are fair game for rating a site's performance. If this interests you, check out Ale...
The world's largest chipmaker announced its 366MHz mobile Celeron processor this week. Intel also shed some light on the roadmap of its mobile processor lines, claiming that its Geyserville technology will blur the line between power notebook and des...
Gateway has incorporated Intel's new 550MHz Pentium III processor into two of its desktop PC series aimed at multimedia and small business users.
Can the average Joe tell the difference between PCs sporting PIII-550, PIII-450, PII-450 and Celeron-400 processors? Two users take the taste test and spill all . . .
Add a modem and the printer stops working. Fix the printer and the scanner is screwed up. Four hours later your computer is a complete mess. You'll have wished you had known about Attune, a free utility that warns of hardware conflicts before they ha...
Legislation that is intended to encourage the disclosure of year 2000 information has been introduced into the NSW State Parliament this week.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Trump names net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to lead the FCC
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft revives free Windows 10 upgrade for SMBs
- Trump administration threatens net neutrality, cloud and IoT
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- TPSQL DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- FTTechnical Services EngineerNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW