Canon has launched a new addition to its CanoScan range of flatbed scanners, showing the CanoScan FB620S at Sydney's PC IT 99 exhibition this week
PC World Business
Encyclopaedia Britannica has announced two price cuts to its Multimedia and Standard Edition CD-ROMs. Prices have been slashed by 33 to 60 per cent, the company says
A coordinated worldwide attack on the US Pentagon's military computer systems is being conducted by unknown hackers, reports in the US have revealed. Viewed by defense officials as "a major concern", the attacks have taken place up to 100 times daily...
The Domain Name Supporting Organisation -- the new authority which will control the management of domain names -- specifically gTLDs (generic top-level domains) such as .com and .net -- will start operating in May, it has been announced
IBM and Dell have unveiled a seven-year and $US16 billion technology pact, which will see Dell purchase technology from IBM
Microsoft has big goals for its new e-commerce strategy. In launching three new products, new services and a bevy of partnerships with existing e-commerce powerhouses, the software giant plans to bring 1 million new businesses into the world of e-com...
The arrival of DVD-Audio is one step closer, thanks to a copy-protection framework agreed upon by IBM, Intel, Matsushita Electric (Panasonic) and Toshiba.
Despite downplaying his role as visionary amid the swirling hype of his creation -- the open-source Linux operating system -- Linus Torvalds could not dampen the enthusiasm of several thousand LinuxWorld convention goers at his keynote presentation o...
Sony's gaming unit has outlined plans for a follow-on to its popular PlayStation video game console and said the new machine will use a processor three times faster than Intel's Pentium III.
Corel will help grow the Linux market by offering an easy-to-use version of the operating system that manufacturers could offer bundled with low-cost desktop PCs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dick Smith shareholders left out in the cold
- Corporate “No-Cloud” policy in 2020 will be as rare as a “No-Internet” policy today
- A UK 'Brexit' may have a sunny side for tech
- Top legal tips for startups in the digital space
- Google goes after SharePoint with new enterprise tools
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCiOS developerNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia