In the midst of settlement talks with the US DoJ, Microsoft has reorganised into five new divisions focused on customer groups. Microsoft president Steve Ballmer denies though that the company is anywhere near breaking up.
PC World Business
A copycat virus similar to Melissa -- the e-mail virus which started wreaking havoc on Friday -- has been discovered by Network Associates. Dubbed Papa, the new virus is believed to be even more dangerous than its predecessor.
Intel wants to outfit its PIII users for a "rich and rewarding" Internet experience. The chipmaker today launched the Intel WebOutfitter service, the company's first dip into the Internet service arena.
The Internet, Real Networks and a Dutch service provider have come to the aid of a Belgrade-based radio station that was shut down last Wednesday by Yugoslavian authorities.
A crippling and embarrassing virus dubbed "Melissa" is circulating countless e-mail in-boxes around the globe this week causing major corporations touched by the virus to halt all out-going e-mail.
Microsoft has announced it will release a tool within a week to delete an Windows 98-generated ID number from users hard drives.
The Web is still too complex, too inefficient, and not private enough, says its inventor: Tim Berners-Lee. Ten years after he invented the Web, Berners-Lee is pushing for a new standard to improve its indexing capabilities.
The ORB -- a 2.2GB removable storage drive priced at $399 -- has been launched in Australia.
The US DoJ and state attorneys general will meet with Microsoft next week to discuss the company's offer to settle its antitrust case. Details about the negotiations have not been released, the DoJ saying it will keep tight-lipped on the matter.
Microsoft has made moves to settle its antitrust case, submitting a proposal to the US DoJ. Reports claim though, that the proposal is "not going far enough".
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry stops making hardware, but BlackBerry phones live on
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- OneDrive's file placeholders will return to Windows 10 as On-Demand Sync
- Automated ports and a city of sensors: Cisco chief outlines blueprint for Hamburg smart city
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT