The OzSearch Internet Guide -- a categorised listing of Australian Web sites -- has been officially launched. The site was opened for beta-testing in November 1998 and has, according to OzSearch, processed more than 1000 search queries per day.
PC World Business
Taiwan's Winbond Electronics Corporation last week became the latest memory maker to sign a licence for Rambus's high-speed memory interface technology. RDRAMs are expected to start replacing synchronous DRAMs as the main memory in high-end PCs later...
A Swiss Web site that publishes song lyrics was shut down by police last week after a group of U.S. music publishers brought a criminal suit against it. The case points out yet again the thorny intellectual property issues that go with the free disse...
Hard drive capacities are likely to double or triple in the coming year, while the size of drives remains stable and performance improves somewhat, according to analysts and desktop PC vendors.
Intel plans to embed a personal identification number in future PC chips in a move designed to provide users with greater security on the Internet, a company spokesperson said today.
Microsoft has released patches for security holes in Word 97 and the Microsoft Forms version 2.0 ActiveX Control that made them vulnerable to potential hacker attacks, though no such instances of foul play have been reported, according to the company...
Anyone looking for news of where the PC and the Internet are headed had plenty to chew on at Showcase 99, which kicked off on Monday in San Diego. The Pentium III processor, remote control Web cameras, and VCRs that can "rewind" live programs all mad...
Intel said today it will release home networking products in the U.S. next quarter that will allow consumers to link together two or more personal computers using existing telephone wiring.
IE 5: Looks the same, works better
Perhaps in part because of the Y2K problem, most attendees at Lotusphere in Orlando, Florida were unfazed by news this week of the continued delay of Lotus Development Corp.'s Release 5.0 (R5) of its Notes groupware and the Domino server portion of t...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- iiNet founder Michael Malone joins NBN board
- Apple Pay: 42 percent of people don’t feel secure using it
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- How do you stop patent trolls? This algorithm just might do the trick
- Get ready for your new co-worker – the robot
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT