AOL has released news that its worldwide membership has surpassed the 17 million mark. But in the end, says an analyst, AOL will not corner the market -- there will still be Internet users who don't want the "guiding hand" or specialised approach tha...
PC World Business
Notebook computer prices, which have declined steadily over the past two years, will plateau and possibly increase over the foreseeable future, due to an industrywide shortage of LCD screens.
Creative Technology, best known for its SoundBlaster audio cards, has entered the Internet music market with the launch of Nomad, an MP3 portable digital audio player.
The software giant has unveiled Windows Media Technologies (WMT) 4.0 -- its answer to MP3 -- during a star-studded event at in Los Angeles.
Following an extensive customer survey Microsoft has announced it will work to eliminate two of the biggest complaints about Windows NT -- the need to constantly reboot servers and systems failures that lead to the blue screen of death.
Several vendors have showcased the newest and coolest in mobile computing at the opening session of the first annual DemoMobile in San Diego.
Users of Lotus Development's Notes groupware are expected to have a range of additional mobile capabilities soon, including the ability to receive and send messages via handheld devices, company officials announced yesterday at the DemoMobile 99 show...
Microsoft is working with hardware vendors on specifications for a universal docking station design that would let users swap notebooks from any PC manufacturer into any docking station.
A security flaw within Java 2 has been identified and a patch is now available from Sun Microsystems, according to the company.
Both Intel and AMD have launched new processors this week. Intel has released a 333MHz mobile Celeron chip, whilst AMD debuted the 475MHz AMD K6-2 processor.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
- Despite concerns, analysts expect an OK for AT&T-Time Warner deal
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- TPData Business Analyst | Data MigrationQLD
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- TPSenior Automation Test EngineerQLD
- CCWCEM/ Java DeveloperACT
- CCKofax DeveloperQLD
- FTAutomated Test ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - General Insurance experience requiredVIC
- TPICT Solutions EngineerSA
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- FTCRM Business Process AnalystVIC
- FTSystems ArchitectACT
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCMultiple Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperWA
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- TPSenior Finance Systems AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager- Procurement & Government BackgroundNSW