Everybody likes the look of desktop digital flat-panel displays, but connecting one to your PC can get confusing.
PC World Business
The Victorian Government has publicly released its Y2K state of readiness, in accordance with a national agreement reached last year.
In the midst of settlement talks with the US DoJ, Microsoft has reorganised into five new divisions focused on customer groups. Microsoft president Steve Ballmer denies though that the company is anywhere near breaking up.
A copycat virus similar to Melissa -- the e-mail virus which started wreaking havoc on Friday -- has been discovered by Network Associates. Dubbed Papa, the new virus is believed to be even more dangerous than its predecessor.
Intel wants to outfit its PIII users for a "rich and rewarding" Internet experience. The chipmaker today launched the Intel WebOutfitter service, the company's first dip into the Internet service arena.
A crippling and embarrassing virus dubbed "Melissa" is circulating countless e-mail in-boxes around the globe this week causing major corporations touched by the virus to halt all out-going e-mail.
The Internet, Real Networks and a Dutch service provider have come to the aid of a Belgrade-based radio station that was shut down last Wednesday by Yugoslavian authorities.
Microsoft has announced it will release a tool within a week to delete an Windows 98-generated ID number from users hard drives.
The Web is still too complex, too inefficient, and not private enough, says its inventor: Tim Berners-Lee. Ten years after he invented the Web, Berners-Lee is pushing for a new standard to improve its indexing capabilities.
The US DoJ and state attorneys general will meet with Microsoft next week to discuss the company's offer to settle its antitrust case. Details about the negotiations have not been released, the DoJ saying it will keep tight-lipped on the matter.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
- Thanks to Facebook, voter registrations surge
- Google Photos begins creating animations from videos, gets smarter about fixing sideways pictures
- Microsoft HoloLens eyes enterprise adoption amid crowded field
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Solution Designer, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTKronos AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW