AOL has released news that its worldwide membership has surpassed the 17 million mark. But in the end, says an analyst, AOL will not corner the market -- there will still be Internet users who don't want the "guiding hand" or specialised approach tha...
PC World Business
Notebook computer prices, which have declined steadily over the past two years, will plateau and possibly increase over the foreseeable future, due to an industrywide shortage of LCD screens.
The software giant has unveiled Windows Media Technologies (WMT) 4.0 -- its answer to MP3 -- during a star-studded event at in Los Angeles.
Creative Technology, best known for its SoundBlaster audio cards, has entered the Internet music market with the launch of Nomad, an MP3 portable digital audio player.
Following an extensive customer survey Microsoft has announced it will work to eliminate two of the biggest complaints about Windows NT -- the need to constantly reboot servers and systems failures that lead to the blue screen of death.
Several vendors have showcased the newest and coolest in mobile computing at the opening session of the first annual DemoMobile in San Diego.
Users of Lotus Development's Notes groupware are expected to have a range of additional mobile capabilities soon, including the ability to receive and send messages via handheld devices, company officials announced yesterday at the DemoMobile 99 show...
Microsoft is working with hardware vendors on specifications for a universal docking station design that would let users swap notebooks from any PC manufacturer into any docking station.
A security flaw within Java 2 has been identified and a patch is now available from Sun Microsystems, according to the company.
Both Intel and AMD have launched new processors this week. Intel has released a 333MHz mobile Celeron chip, whilst AMD debuted the 475MHz AMD K6-2 processor.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- How to get a word count with Microsoft Office for iPad
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC