The Victorian Government has publicly released its Y2K state of readiness, in accordance with a national agreement reached last year.
PC World Business
In the midst of settlement talks with the US DoJ, Microsoft has reorganised into five new divisions focused on customer groups. Microsoft president Steve Ballmer denies though that the company is anywhere near breaking up.
A copycat virus similar to Melissa -- the e-mail virus which started wreaking havoc on Friday -- has been discovered by Network Associates. Dubbed Papa, the new virus is believed to be even more dangerous than its predecessor.
A crippling and embarrassing virus dubbed "Melissa" is circulating countless e-mail in-boxes around the globe this week causing major corporations touched by the virus to halt all out-going e-mail.
Microsoft has announced it will release a tool within a week to delete an Windows 98-generated ID number from users hard drives.
Intel wants to outfit its PIII users for a "rich and rewarding" Internet experience. The chipmaker today launched the Intel WebOutfitter service, the company's first dip into the Internet service arena.
The Internet, Real Networks and a Dutch service provider have come to the aid of a Belgrade-based radio station that was shut down last Wednesday by Yugoslavian authorities.
The Web is still too complex, too inefficient, and not private enough, says its inventor: Tim Berners-Lee. Ten years after he invented the Web, Berners-Lee is pushing for a new standard to improve its indexing capabilities.
The ORB -- a 2.2GB removable storage drive priced at $399 -- has been launched in Australia.
The US DoJ and state attorneys general will meet with Microsoft next week to discuss the company's offer to settle its antitrust case. Details about the negotiations have not been released, the DoJ saying it will keep tight-lipped on the matter.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- 5 ways Cisco could become an iPhone's best friend
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- CCSenior Project AnalystNSW
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceVIC
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationNSW
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW