Compaq is planning to take the Unix market by storm, company officials have announced, with plans for a wide ranging campaign including the rebranding of Digital Unix, to take place from February 1
PC World Business
Yahoo has announced it is buying GeoCities, the merged company it expects, will reach 58 per cent of those who use the Internet
Intel is preparing to unveil its forthcoming Pentium III processor in San Jose next month, pulling out all stops in an event bringing together hundreds of the company's industry partners
Sydney's short film festival Tropfest will go global this year, thanks to a netcast by Internet development company Spike, it has been announced. The yearly competition, which is to be held in the Sydney Domain and Victoria street, Darlinghurst, on S...
A top Microsoft official has acknowledged in court today that the software company pressed chip giant Intel to pull an Internet multimedia software product off the market in 1995 and to later back away from embracing Java cross-platform technology
Videoconferencing competitors Intel and PictureTel last week announced a joint distribution and product development agreement that they hope will speed the growth of global audio/video collaboration.
Compaq has revealed its AltaVista search engine is set to go public and will be involved in a technology-sharing deal with Microsoft. One of the outcomes of the agreement is a planned AltaVista-branded version of Microsoft's Hotmail service
The highest-ranking Microsoft executive to take the stand in the Microsoft/DoJ case has denied that he threatened to cut off Netscape Communication's "air supply" or that Microsoft used its Office suite of software applications "as a club" to force A...
The OzSearch Internet Guide -- a categorised listing of Australian Web sites -- has been officially launched. The site was opened for beta-testing in November 1998 and has, according to OzSearch, processed more than 1000 search queries per day.
A Swiss Web site that publishes song lyrics was shut down by police last week after a group of U.S. music publishers brought a criminal suit against it. The case points out yet again the thorny intellectual property issues that go with the free disse...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Top 30 AWS cloud services
- The Good Guys take serious aim at ASX listing
- Google Daydreams about VR, and enterprises take note
- Microsoft pledges to use more renewable energy in its data centers
- Google's mobile productivity apps bury Microsoft's
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle/Web) 160603/SA/871Asia
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCApplication Server AdminACT