Taiwan's Winbond Electronics Corporation last week became the latest memory maker to sign a licence for Rambus's high-speed memory interface technology. RDRAMs are expected to start replacing synchronous DRAMs as the main memory in high-end PCs later...
PC World Business
Hard drive capacities are likely to double or triple in the coming year, while the size of drives remains stable and performance improves somewhat, according to analysts and desktop PC vendors.
Intel plans to embed a personal identification number in future PC chips in a move designed to provide users with greater security on the Internet, a company spokesperson said today.
Microsoft has released patches for security holes in Word 97 and the Microsoft Forms version 2.0 ActiveX Control that made them vulnerable to potential hacker attacks, though no such instances of foul play have been reported, according to the company...
Anyone looking for news of where the PC and the Internet are headed had plenty to chew on at Showcase 99, which kicked off on Monday in San Diego. The Pentium III processor, remote control Web cameras, and VCRs that can "rewind" live programs all mad...
Intel said today it will release home networking products in the U.S. next quarter that will allow consumers to link together two or more personal computers using existing telephone wiring.
IE 5: Looks the same, works better
Strong growth in PC shipments combined with software purchases made in preparation for expected year 2000 problems helped push Microsoft Corp.'s revenue and income to record levels in the second quarter of fiscal year 1999.
WordPerfect fights back
Perhaps in part because of the Y2K problem, most attendees at Lotusphere in Orlando, Florida were unfazed by news this week of the continued delay of Lotus Development Corp.'s Release 5.0 (R5) of its Notes groupware and the Domino server portion of t...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- FCC votes for strict new broadband privacy rules
- Google simplifies VR content embeds with new VR view tool
- Atlassian president on IPO - 'We're overjoyed'
- After 10 years of profitability, Atlassian steps up for an IPO
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT