High-performance RAM technologies are set to debut this year in high-end PCs and workstations, while per-megabyte prices will likely hold steady at their current low levels, according to chip experts and PC makers.
PC World Business
Microsoft is likely to be given extra time to comply with a US court order requiring it to make changes to key software products that include Sun Microsystems' Java technology, officials from both companies said today.
If the last time you heard the name Amiga was back in the nineties, you wouldn't be blamed for thinking the company went the same way as the Commodore 64 (the company which originally owned Amiga). While the company has had a chequered past and its p...
Computer Associates International Inc. (CA) today announced that it has acquired Cybec's software business. Cybec is best known in Australia as the developer of the Vet range of antivirus products.
In 1999, Internet users will be more prone to ask a business for its Web site address than its telephone number, and 25 per cent of all Web surfers will buy something online, according to a London-based electronic commerce group.
Strong PC demand in the second half of 1998 helped lift Intel Corp.'s fourth-quarter revenue to US$7.6 billion, a record for the company and a 17 per cent increase from the $6.5 billion revenue reported for the same quarter last year, Intel said yest...
Apple Computer Inc. today cited strong sales of iMac computers in reporting first-quarter earnings of US$152 million, or 95 cents per share, on revenue of $1.7 billion.
Silicon Graphics Inc. has announced a new family of Intel/Windows NT-based visual workstations. The Silicon Graphics 320 will be available in February, with prices starting at A$6,338. The Silicon Graphics 540, priced from A$11,193, is due to ship in...
Disk-storage systems revenue jumped 11.9 per cent globally in 1998 compared to the previous year, reaching a five-year peak, according to a new study by market research firm International Data Corp.
AEA (Advanced Energy Australia) has launched Cybernet PC TV -- a multifunction system that combines the capabilities of a high resolution television, CD player, DVD player and fax machine. The system is reportedly not much bigger than a VCR and is op...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Top 30 AWS cloud services
- The Good Guys take serious aim at ASX listing
- Google Daydreams about VR, and enterprises take note
- Microsoft pledges to use more renewable energy in its data centers
- Google's mobile productivity apps bury Microsoft's
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCDigital Media / Web Content Management- SquizzNSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Oracle Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCChange ManagerACT
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTSenior Technical Lead - Java and .NetNSW
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCSr Service ManagementACT