In response to privacy concerns over a processor serial number that is burned into Pentium III chips, IBM said it will disable the ID feature in the Pentium III computers it sells.
PC World Business
The takeover of Australia's largest internet service provider, OzEmail, by telecommunications carrier, MCI WorldCom, has finally taken place.
US Internet auction house eBay and Australian company PBL Online have announced a partnership deal to bring a localised version of eBay's auction service to the Australian and New Zealand markets
Just days prior to the release of Intel's new Pentium III processor and concerns over its unique identification serial number are widening. One German PC publication claims to have devised a method for activating and reading the serial number without...
Australia and Singapore will jointly work on 10 IT initiatives valued at $US29.2 million following the signing of a memorandum of understanding yesterday
A higher speed version of the Universal Serial Bus is on its way, Intel has announced at its developers forum this week. USB 2.0 will offer up to 10 or 20 times the speed of the current USB specification
Worldwide PC sales will overtake television sales in the year 2000, Intel executive vice president Paul Otellini has predicted. Citing various industry sources, Otellini said PC sales have already outstripped television sales in Australia, Canada, De...
It gained huge popularity as a free beta over the last couple of years, but instant messaging app ICQ is set for a commercial reinvention this week. At the request of parent company AOL, ICQ is to be launched as a "next-generation communications port...
Forced by the impossibility of importing US-made high level encryption software, one Melbourne-based company has sought the assistance of Wollongong University to develop a 168-bit encryption tool
A week ahead of Intel's Pentium III launch, and rival AMD has announced the release of the K6-III processor, the company's highest-performance x86 chip
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry stops making hardware, but BlackBerry phones live on
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- OneDrive's file placeholders will return to Windows 10 as On-Demand Sync
- Automated ports and a city of sensors: Cisco chief outlines blueprint for Hamburg smart city
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC