The OzSearch Internet Guide -- a categorised listing of Australian Web sites -- has been officially launched. The site was opened for beta-testing in November 1998 and has, according to OzSearch, processed more than 1000 search queries per day.
PC World Business
A Swiss Web site that publishes song lyrics was shut down by police last week after a group of U.S. music publishers brought a criminal suit against it. The case points out yet again the thorny intellectual property issues that go with the free disse...
Taiwan's Winbond Electronics Corporation last week became the latest memory maker to sign a licence for Rambus's high-speed memory interface technology. RDRAMs are expected to start replacing synchronous DRAMs as the main memory in high-end PCs later...
Hard drive capacities are likely to double or triple in the coming year, while the size of drives remains stable and performance improves somewhat, according to analysts and desktop PC vendors.
Intel plans to embed a personal identification number in future PC chips in a move designed to provide users with greater security on the Internet, a company spokesperson said today.
Microsoft has released patches for security holes in Word 97 and the Microsoft Forms version 2.0 ActiveX Control that made them vulnerable to potential hacker attacks, though no such instances of foul play have been reported, according to the company...
Anyone looking for news of where the PC and the Internet are headed had plenty to chew on at Showcase 99, which kicked off on Monday in San Diego. The Pentium III processor, remote control Web cameras, and VCRs that can "rewind" live programs all mad...
Intel said today it will release home networking products in the U.S. next quarter that will allow consumers to link together two or more personal computers using existing telephone wiring.
IE 5: Looks the same, works better
Strong growth in PC shipments combined with software purchases made in preparation for expected year 2000 problems helped push Microsoft Corp.'s revenue and income to record levels in the second quarter of fiscal year 1999.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- FCC votes for strict new broadband privacy rules
- Google simplifies VR content embeds with new VR view tool
- Atlassian president on IPO - 'We're overjoyed'
- After 10 years of profitability, Atlassian steps up for an IPO
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Lotus Notes/PC LAN) 160722/ITA/474Asia
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC