The US Department of Justice has approved America Online's proposed acquisition of Netscape Communications and AOL's related strategic alliance with Sun Microsystems, according to a brief statement released by the DOJ.
PC World Business
Compaq won't let its apparent earnings shortfall slow it down. That was the message Eckhard Pfeiffer, the company's president and CEO, gave at the Compaq Innovate Forum which is being held in the US this week. Pfeiffer launched NonStop e-business ---...
NEC today launched two new series of notebooks and desktop PCs -- the Versa LX notebook series and the ValueMate A6000T PC series, which is based on Intel's Pentium III processor.
Iomega is recalling the external power supply units shipped with its 2GB Jaz drives. The units which have been found to be faulty affect up to 60 per cent of 2GB Jaz drives shipped since November last year
Microsoft has acknowledged a security flaw in its Windows NT operating system that could allow a person to access protected files on a workstation or even deny users access to a Windows NT server
Computer Associates has released to market a $9.99 Y2K-compliance test for PCs, which will be sold by retailers including Mobil Service stations
Analysts at an Asia-Pacific disk drive conference predict that standard desktop PCs will come with 80GB hard drives within two years. They also predict that by 2001, 3.5in disks will store 80GB and will cost the same as today's mainstream drives
Two PCs and one ISP account? StarTech's Internet Splitter may be just the thing for you . . .
A new Australian Web site is making the job of finding the best hardware deals on the Net just that little bit easier.
Intel has begun to issue a patch for some of its mobile Pentium II and mobile Celeron processors following the discovery that a bug lets servers obtain an identification number from them.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- How to get a word count with Microsoft Office for iPad
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTMurex/Java DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectVIC
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationNSW
- FTHealth Software Support Consultant - Permanent - North RydeNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- FTNode Developer / ArchitectVIC
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ DeveloperSA
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD