Intel's recent announcement that it is buying iCat, an electronic-commerce software and services company, makes more sense than it might seem -- when e-commerce takes off, so will PC buying, Intel hopes
PC World Business
EquityCafe, the Australian Web site for share investors, has launched an online sharemarket game with a grand prize of $1 million
The CEO of AOL has pledged his support for Netscape's mozilla.org, saying the open source group of the company will remain autonomous
The US Government returned to a back-to-basics strategy in the Microsoft antitrust case, attacking Windows operating system pricing while reinforcing its argument that competition in the operating system market is impossible
easymail -- the low-cost e-mail service Telstra has been piloting in Tasmania has now been officially launched across Australia , making e-mail as cheap as a phone call
National Semiconductor has announced it has developed an integrated circuit that squeezes virtually all of the electronics needed for a colour image scanner onto a single silicon chip smaller than a thumbnail
The Linux operating system could wind up being the biggest threat to Microsoft's Windows NT platform but before that happens, Linux will cannibalise the Unix market, Marc Andreessen, co-founder and executive vice-president of products at Netscape Com...
Has the AOL/Netscape deal pulled the rug out from under the US DoJ's antitrust suit? Or will it have a different effect?
High-speed Internet access will reach regional Australia in December thanks to an OzEmail/AUSTAR trial using the latter's pay-TV satellite network
A new 56K data/fax/voice modem has been launched by D-Link, pricing starting at $147
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- That moment when you realize you're exchanging emails with a robot
- Google's Inbox uses machine learning to speed up email replies
- Google's Gmail finally adds the ability to block email, but there's a better way
- New Cryptolocker variant discovered targeting Australians
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FT.Net Junior DeveloperNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTDesktop Support Technician - onsite Corporate officesVIC
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT