Forced by the impossibility of importing US-made high level encryption software, one Melbourne-based company has sought the assistance of Wollongong University to develop a 168-bit encryption tool
PC World Business
It gained huge popularity as a free beta over the last couple of years, but instant messaging app ICQ is set for a commercial reinvention this week. At the request of parent company AOL, ICQ is to be launched as a "next-generation communications port...
AMD has found the support of another PC vendor with Gateway announcing plans it will ship value-priced PCs incorporating AMD processors
Trend Micro has released a new antivirus product to protect NT 4.0 networks from malicious Java and ActiveX code downloaded from the Internet
More than 50 potential witnesses have been listed this week in the lead-up to Intel's antitrust trial debut -- set for early next month
Lexmark has launched a new Jetprinter, priced at $349 and offering "true 1200 x 1200dpi resolution," according to the company
IBM and Red Hat Software have struck a deal to offer Red Hat's version of the Linux operating system with IBM servers and PCs
Legislation that is hoped to encourage the sharing of Y2K information between companies was passed by the Senate yesterday. Dubbed "Good Samaritan" law, it offers some legal protection to businesses who make Y2K-readiness disclosures
Seen the Pentium III ads on TV yet? How could you miss them? Well you haven't seen anything yet -- the company is planning to spend around $US300 million on the marketing blitz. This week: a preview event featuring 200 IT vendors who have optimised t...
Speech Markup Language -- a new language that enables Web site developers to add interactive speech capability to Web pages has been developed by IBM, the company revealed today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
- Thanks to Facebook, voter registrations surge
- Google Photos begins creating animations from videos, gets smarter about fixing sideways pictures
- Microsoft HoloLens eyes enterprise adoption amid crowded field
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW