Microsoft's first witness will testify in the antitrust trial against the software giant that Microsoft does not have a monopoly, and that consumers have benefited from lower prices and better software as a result of the company's actions.
PC World Business
At the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Ectaco International Inc announced a handheld computer that translates words and sentences between English and other languages and also sends and receives e-mail and faxes.
If you think of pagers and cellular telephones as an invasion of your personal space, then try this one on for size. At the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Tron Link Enterprises Co. Ltd. showed a voice-enabled appliance that reminds you to pu...
At Macworld, San Francisco, Microsoft rolled out new versions of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer for the Macintosh, both of which include features not available in the current Windows versions of the products. The new applications -- Internet ...
What more on the Internet could be free -- you ask? One US company has outlined plans to provide Net users with free domain names under a new "personal Web portal" service.
"It's the end of the world as we know it" certain groups springing up on the Net would have you believe about the millennium bug. The irony is, the Web is both the chief venue of communication for such groups, and "the mother of all their fears". As ...
Will 1998 be remembered as the year the balance of power shifted in the IT industry? What was once an upstart PC clone-maker bought out one of the most august computer pioneers; the alliance that was once the dominant duopoly in PCs began to fracture...
If you were looking for one event this year that generated a plethora of interesting, funny and scathing comments, you need to look no further than the ongoing US Government antitrust trial brought against Microsoft.
Microsoft has begun the process of appealing a preliminary injunction awarded to Sun Microsystems in its Java technology lawsuit against the software maker
In the last court day before the holidays, Microsoft has put forth a motion that the AOL-Netscape merger documents should be made subject to discovery. The judge presiding over the antitrust case expects attorneys from both sides to come to an agreem...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Why Dropbox left Amazon's cloud and built its own from scratch
- Dick Smith shareholders left out in the cold
- Corporate “No-Cloud” policy in 2020 will be as rare as a “No-Internet” policy today
- A UK 'Brexit' may have a sunny side for tech
- Top legal tips for startups in the digital space
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia