Microsoft has changed its OS course, announcing it will release a new version of its consumer OS in 2000 -- still based on the Windows 9x code. The software giant has also admitted it has been struggling with Windows 2000.
PC World Business
Australians can now make donations to UNICEF online. The organisation's Web site now features a secure environment for online donations, which will fund relief efforts in the Kosovo refugee crisis.
High-speed Net access is the next big thing for Dell, says the computer company's founder Michael Dell. In fact, super fast Web access will drive PC sales and streamline the way Dell sells its systems, he believes.
The last independent radio station of Yugoslavia has been taken over by government officials there. The station, which had resorted to Internet broadcasts has now been completely silenced, though its staff have vowed to fight on for their right to br...
Microsoft said it has made a tool available that can be used to delete an identifying number from users' hard drives that was generated when they registered Windows 98.
US Authorities have arrested and charged a man suspected of creating the Melissa e-mail virus and unleashing it on the world from his apartment in a New Jersey shore town.
SAP recently announced an equity investment in Red Hat Software, a distributor of the Linux open-source OS.
Australian Internet directory Looksmart has secured $95 million in private equity, bringing the San Francisco-based company's total capital raised to date to $125.9 million.
The judge in the Microsoft antitrust trial acknowledged today that the trial will not resume until May 10 at the earliest, while remaining mum about settlement negotiations that began Tuesday.
PC audio and video specialist Creative Technology yesterday released its new PC-DVD Encore 6X Dxr3 kit aimed at adding high-performance DVD (digital video disk) entertainment capabilities to standard PCs.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wind River uses virtualization to turn M2M into IoT
- Mirai is the hydra of IoT security: too many heads to cut off
- NZ Navy first with IoT-equipped warship
- Aruba’s top execs talk new tech, IoT and the competition
- IoT and 5G are driving computing to the edge
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCExecutive SupportWA
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSalesforce Senior Developer | Solution DesignerQLD
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!WA
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- CCProject Manager - Security DomainVIC
- CCOrganisational Change Analyst - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCRisk Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTOracle Forms PL/SQL Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Team LeadNSW
- TP.NET DeveloperWA
- FTFull Stack .Net Developer Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)WA
- TPApplication DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- CCData Analyst/ Data Reconciliation SpecialistQLD
- CCProcurement OfficerQLD
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTService Delivery ManagerWA
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTAssociate Consultant - IT Project ServicesVIC
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA