Together with five major record companies, IBM will test a system that allows the distribution of full-length, CD-quality recordings via the Net, whilst thwarting music copyright piracy
PC World Business
Intuit had to forgo business with Netscape to be included in Microsoft's Windows 98 Channel Bar, a Microsoft executive has conceded in court
Good signs for cheaper PCs, bad signs for chipmakers Intel and AMD. The two companies are slugging it out in the "budget" end of the PC market, slashing Celeron and K6-2 prices.
Today's hot computer games have eye-popping graphics and decent sound effects, but the music behind the action is usually pretty wimpy. Microsoft is hoping that DirectMusic will change all that.
With no firm plans to release the promised consumer version of Windows NT, Microsoft will issue service packs and updates for Windows 98 for the foreseeable future.
Toy manufacturer Mattel and Intel last week announced the first fruit of their cooperation -- two PC-enhanced toys designed for interactive play.
The defense for Microsoft has regained some ground, recreating the botched video demonstration it previously used in court, and showing that a sophisticated user could still find ways of browsing the Internet following the Felten browser removal prog...
Chipmaker AMD's shares have dropped 10 per cent in value this week with news that the company has issued a warning that it may incur an operating loss in its first fiscal quarter
ISP The Internet Group has announced intentions of delivering its own brand of Pay TV to users of its new SatNet Supersystem -- a "super PC" that lets users watch TV, play DVD and access the Internet via satellite -- all on a high resolution monitor ...
The US DoJ has stunned the courtroom in showing that beyond doubt Microsoft used multiple PCs to film a videotape segment the company had implied was a seamless segment filmed on one PC
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- CCManager of Pricing and AnalyticsVIC
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCField EngineerVIC
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW