If the last time you heard the name Amiga was back in the nineties, you wouldn't be blamed for thinking the company went the same way as the Commodore 64 (the company which originally owned Amiga). While the company has had a chequered past and its p...
PC World Business
Computer Associates International Inc. (CA) today announced that it has acquired Cybec's software business. Cybec is best known in Australia as the developer of the Vet range of antivirus products.
In 1999, Internet users will be more prone to ask a business for its Web site address than its telephone number, and 25 per cent of all Web surfers will buy something online, according to a London-based electronic commerce group.
Strong PC demand in the second half of 1998 helped lift Intel Corp.'s fourth-quarter revenue to US$7.6 billion, a record for the company and a 17 per cent increase from the $6.5 billion revenue reported for the same quarter last year, Intel said yest...
Apple Computer Inc. today cited strong sales of iMac computers in reporting first-quarter earnings of US$152 million, or 95 cents per share, on revenue of $1.7 billion.
Silicon Graphics Inc. has announced a new family of Intel/Windows NT-based visual workstations. The Silicon Graphics 320 will be available in February, with prices starting at A$6,338. The Silicon Graphics 540, priced from A$11,193, is due to ship in...
Disk-storage systems revenue jumped 11.9 per cent globally in 1998 compared to the previous year, reaching a five-year peak, according to a new study by market research firm International Data Corp.
AEA (Advanced Energy Australia) has launched Cybernet PC TV -- a multifunction system that combines the capabilities of a high resolution television, CD player, DVD player and fax machine. The system is reportedly not much bigger than a VCR and is op...
As expected, Intel Corp. has announced that Katmai, the code name for its next-generation microprocessor, will be called Pentium III. Intel also announced the brand name for the version of the processor aimed at the server and workstation markets, th...
Consumer devices, including mobile and Internet access appliances as well as automotive electronics, will drive growth in the semiconductor market going forward, several industry experts said yesterday during a luncheon panel at a semiconductor confe...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Banks find big innovation payoff in hackathons
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA