The US Government continued to chip away at Microsoft's defense this week, getting the highest ranking Microsoft executive that has appeared as a witness to acknowledge points key to the DoJ's case
PC World Business
A judge in California has dismissed a number of Year 2000-related lawsuits filed against Intuit over the last year, finding no damages had occurred to customers.
A new version of remote access software LapLink has been released featuring support for faster file transfers via USB cable connections
Compaq is planning to take the Unix market by storm, company officials have announced, with plans for a wide ranging campaign including the rebranding of Digital Unix, to take place from February 1
Yahoo has announced it is buying GeoCities, the merged company it expects, will reach 58 per cent of those who use the Internet
Intel is preparing to unveil its forthcoming Pentium III processor in San Jose next month, pulling out all stops in an event bringing together hundreds of the company's industry partners
Sydney's short film festival Tropfest will go global this year, thanks to a netcast by Internet development company Spike, it has been announced. The yearly competition, which is to be held in the Sydney Domain and Victoria street, Darlinghurst, on S...
A top Microsoft official has acknowledged in court today that the software company pressed chip giant Intel to pull an Internet multimedia software product off the market in 1995 and to later back away from embracing Java cross-platform technology
Videoconferencing competitors Intel and PictureTel last week announced a joint distribution and product development agreement that they hope will speed the growth of global audio/video collaboration.
Compaq has revealed its AltaVista search engine is set to go public and will be involved in a technology-sharing deal with Microsoft. One of the outcomes of the agreement is a planned AltaVista-branded version of Microsoft's Hotmail service
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
- Despite concerns, analysts expect an OK for AT&T-Time Warner deal
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- FTApplications ManagerVIC
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst x 2QLD
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- TPHelpdesk/Level 1 SupportQLD
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCMicrosoft AX Support AnalystsQLD
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- FTLua DeveloperVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- CCSAP BPC Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- CCWintel Technical LeadVIC
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTInsights AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)QLD
- CCWeb Content EditorQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCGraduate Web DeveloperWA