Microsoft's first witness will testify in the antitrust trial against the software giant that Microsoft does not have a monopoly, and that consumers have benefited from lower prices and better software as a result of the company's actions.
PC World Business
At the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Ectaco International Inc announced a handheld computer that translates words and sentences between English and other languages and also sends and receives e-mail and faxes.
If you think of pagers and cellular telephones as an invasion of your personal space, then try this one on for size. At the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Tron Link Enterprises Co. Ltd. showed a voice-enabled appliance that reminds you to pu...
At Macworld, San Francisco, Microsoft rolled out new versions of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer for the Macintosh, both of which include features not available in the current Windows versions of the products. The new applications -- Internet ...
What more on the Internet could be free -- you ask? One US company has outlined plans to provide Net users with free domain names under a new "personal Web portal" service.
"It's the end of the world as we know it" certain groups springing up on the Net would have you believe about the millennium bug. The irony is, the Web is both the chief venue of communication for such groups, and "the mother of all their fears". As ...
Will 1998 be remembered as the year the balance of power shifted in the IT industry? What was once an upstart PC clone-maker bought out one of the most august computer pioneers; the alliance that was once the dominant duopoly in PCs began to fracture...
If you were looking for one event this year that generated a plethora of interesting, funny and scathing comments, you need to look no further than the ongoing US Government antitrust trial brought against Microsoft.
Microsoft has begun the process of appealing a preliminary injunction awarded to Sun Microsystems in its Java technology lawsuit against the software maker
In the last court day before the holidays, Microsoft has put forth a motion that the AOL-Netscape merger documents should be made subject to discovery. The judge presiding over the antitrust case expects attorneys from both sides to come to an agreem...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- 5 ways Cisco could become an iPhone's best friend
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW