The OzSearch Internet Guide -- a categorised listing of Australian Web sites -- has been officially launched. The site was opened for beta-testing in November 1998 and has, according to OzSearch, processed more than 1000 search queries per day.
PC World Business
Taiwan's Winbond Electronics Corporation last week became the latest memory maker to sign a licence for Rambus's high-speed memory interface technology. RDRAMs are expected to start replacing synchronous DRAMs as the main memory in high-end PCs later...
A Swiss Web site that publishes song lyrics was shut down by police last week after a group of U.S. music publishers brought a criminal suit against it. The case points out yet again the thorny intellectual property issues that go with the free disse...
Hard drive capacities are likely to double or triple in the coming year, while the size of drives remains stable and performance improves somewhat, according to analysts and desktop PC vendors.
Intel plans to embed a personal identification number in future PC chips in a move designed to provide users with greater security on the Internet, a company spokesperson said today.
Microsoft has released patches for security holes in Word 97 and the Microsoft Forms version 2.0 ActiveX Control that made them vulnerable to potential hacker attacks, though no such instances of foul play have been reported, according to the company...
Anyone looking for news of where the PC and the Internet are headed had plenty to chew on at Showcase 99, which kicked off on Monday in San Diego. The Pentium III processor, remote control Web cameras, and VCRs that can "rewind" live programs all mad...
Intel said today it will release home networking products in the U.S. next quarter that will allow consumers to link together two or more personal computers using existing telephone wiring.
IE 5: Looks the same, works better
Strong growth in PC shipments combined with software purchases made in preparation for expected year 2000 problems helped push Microsoft Corp.'s revenue and income to record levels in the second quarter of fiscal year 1999.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- How to get a word count with Microsoft Office for iPad
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolution DesignerVIC
- FTService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceVIC
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)SA
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- TPSAP ABAP ProgrammerQLD
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- FTAd Optimisation ManagerNSW
- TPIT Project OfficerVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Management - Infrastructure projectsACT
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT