At Macworld, San Francisco, Microsoft rolled out new versions of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer for the Macintosh, both of which include features not available in the current Windows versions of the products. The new applications -- Internet ...
PC World Business
What more on the Internet could be free -- you ask? One US company has outlined plans to provide Net users with free domain names under a new "personal Web portal" service.
"It's the end of the world as we know it" certain groups springing up on the Net would have you believe about the millennium bug. The irony is, the Web is both the chief venue of communication for such groups, and "the mother of all their fears". As ...
Will 1998 be remembered as the year the balance of power shifted in the IT industry? What was once an upstart PC clone-maker bought out one of the most august computer pioneers; the alliance that was once the dominant duopoly in PCs began to fracture...
If you were looking for one event this year that generated a plethora of interesting, funny and scathing comments, you need to look no further than the ongoing US Government antitrust trial brought against Microsoft.
Microsoft has begun the process of appealing a preliminary injunction awarded to Sun Microsystems in its Java technology lawsuit against the software maker
In the last court day before the holidays, Microsoft has put forth a motion that the AOL-Netscape merger documents should be made subject to discovery. The judge presiding over the antitrust case expects attorneys from both sides to come to an agreem...
BITS Computer Graphics has signed a distribution deal to carry Microtech's Iomega-approved Zip drive, the Mii Zip 100, which takes standard 100MB Zip disks
A Californian hardware company has filed a lawsuit against Microsoft asking for upwards of $US1 billion in punitive damages. The company alleges Microsoft stole its design for a user-friendly mouse that is now marketed and sold by Microsoft as the In...
The US Department of Justice has dusted off Bill Gate's videotaped testimony once again, the DoJ attempting to attack his credibility and the business practices of Microsoft
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
- Despite concerns, analysts expect an OK for AT&T-Time Warner deal
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- FTDevelopment Manager - Web, Mobile and CMSNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- TPPHP Junior Developer/ProgrammerQLD
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- FTLua DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCSAP BPC Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCInfrastructure Specialist :SCOMWA
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCRelease and Deployment ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- FTLevel 1- 2 Helpdesk SupportVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Architect - Banking/Financial Services - Immediate StartNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- FTInformation Security AdvisorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCSEO StrategistNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportSA