Impulse 98 -- a 48 hour non-stop gaming championship will be held in Melbourne this weekend, with 320 gamers anticipated to battle it out for national titles
PC World Business
Corel has settled a copyright infringement lawsuit brought against it by graphics software rival Micrografx, which charged Corel with infringement of its intellectual property rights
Week seven of the US vs. Microsoft antitrust trial, and the software giant was intent on portraying Java as the programming language that will never match its promise -- James Gosling the creator of Java was cross-examined and acknowledged there were...
Hewlett-Packard is looking beyond the PC and planning to make networked devices that will enable people to hook into the "information utility" of pervasive computing, the company's CEO announced yesterday
The next generation of 3Com's Palm device -- the Palm VII -- will include wireless capabilities that allow users to download information from Internet sites and send and receive e-mail messages
Bill Gates attacked the US Government antitrust lawsuit against his company, calling it a mistake because the Windows operating system's dominance in the PC market is not assured and faces challenges
James Gosling, the creator of Sun Microsystems' Java programming language has conceded under cross-examination that there are "certain tasks" that are not optimised by the cross-platform language
Intel's recent announcement that it is buying iCat, an electronic-commerce software and services company, makes more sense than it might seem -- when e-commerce takes off, so will PC buying, Intel hopes
EquityCafe, the Australian Web site for share investors, has launched an online sharemarket game with a grand prize of $1 million
The CEO of AOL has pledged his support for Netscape's mozilla.org, saying the open source group of the company will remain autonomous
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- As Dell and HPE revamp, Lenovo sets sights on enterprise cloud servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC