Some business people need great ultraportable laptops and the price is irrelevant. But even the most care-free buyer will baulk at the Nice Beaches Tax that Dell Australia is dumping on its latest business flagship, In the US this model can be had for US$1449. At the current exchange rate that's $1910 AUD. Yet in the Australian Dell Store the same laptop is on sale for a whopping $4605.70.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Apple's latest iPad Pro, the new 9.7-in. model, not only gets many of the architecture advances from the larger version, but also a better camera and what may be Apple's most advanced display yet.
Got a 12-inch MacBook that you bought before the end of June 2015? You can expect to get a new USB-C cable from Apple.
The Surface Pro 4 and iPad Pro are both high-end, sleek and powerful hybrid tablets. But when it comes time to get down to business, which device offers the functionality you need?
Thumb-size PCs like Intel's Compute Stick are still a novelty, but adoption will grow as TVs and displays increasingly become the center of entertainment and computing.
The iPhone won't always be the moneymaker it once was.
The Asus Zen AiO Z240IC comes impressively close to mathcing the iMac's elegance
Shipment of PCs with Google's Chrome OS are growing at the expense of Windows laptops and desktops, despite the PC market being in its biggest slump since 2008.
Microsoft today announced new high-powered 1TB versions of its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4, along with a gold Surface Pen. The company also announced a recall for AC power cord adapters for a slew of its Surface Pro devices.
Midrange Chromebooks have never been so good. Here's a long-term, real-world comparison of this season's standouts: the Dell Chromebook 13 and the Toshiba Chromebook 2.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn ProFinder helps freelancers land jobs
- What you need to do to stop data from leaving with exiting employees
- As Zika looms, a question arises: Who gets to telecommute?
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCInfra & Application Specialist/ Devops SpecialistNSW
- CCOperational Applications Support AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCOracle DevelopersACT
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCVMWare SpecialistACT
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCTIM / TAM ArchitectACT
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia