It may seem like 2010 was the year of the tablet, but the reality is that 2010 was really just the year of the iPad with 15 million units sold and no real competitors for the Apple tablet. However, 2011 will be very different with a diverse variety o...
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
The leaked details on HP and Palm's WebOS tablet keep on coming, though HP has said we haven't seen everything yet.
So long, netbooks.
Stop me if you've heard this one: Steve Jobs is taking another medical leave from Apple.
With so much chatter about tablets this year, you might think that the handheld, rectangular devices being unveiled represent a significant innovation. The reality is that so much of what we're seeing is not a whole lot different than what we saw in ...
When it comes to the bevy of new tablet computers coming to market, a tablet maker's brand will take on more significance than ever.
We haven't seen HP hype a tablet since last year's flirtation with Windows 7, but that could change after February 9, when the company has all but confirmed that it will introduce its first WebOS tablet.
Windows is on the verge of dropping below 90% market share, with smartphones and tablets posing an increasingly serious threat to Microsoft's dominance of the operating system market.
Chip design firm ARM grabbed the spotlight at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas last week when Microsoft announced that its new Windows OS would work on the ARM architecture. ARM processors go into most of the world's smartphones and tablets...
Last week's CES brought forward a huge number of tablets. It doesn't take a genius to realize we're entering the era of tablet computing. Either that or there will soon be a lot of red-faced manufacturers. (Don't laugh; it happens regularly in the wo...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry stops making hardware, but BlackBerry phones live on
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- OneDrive's file placeholders will return to Windows 10 as On-Demand Sync
- Automated ports and a city of sensors: Cisco chief outlines blueprint for Hamburg smart city
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA