Cringely here, reporting from CES in Vegas, where rude beasts walk the earth (at least, the ones that don't crawl or slither), impeded in their forward progress only by hip-deep mounds of tablet PCs. Everyone appears to be tapping, swiping, and gestu...
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Lenovo's IdeaCentre All-in-One desktops have been revamped for 2011, offering up a host of new features, and functionality. There's something for everyone here, with 3D displays, multitouch, TV tuners and new processors from AMD and Intel.
At CES 2011 today, Asus announced three new Android tablets and a Windows 7 based slate PC. The tablets, all Android-based, go by the moniker "Eee Pad" while the Windows 7 device is called an "Eee Slate." Each one offers some unique features, from st...
My holiday gift giving season started early Thursday morning when the UPS guy pounded on my door and handed me a package. Inside was a notebook -- Google's much-discussed cloud-based Cr-48 Chrome OS laptop, which was announced by the company on Tuesd...
The CR-48 has landed! This morning, we received one of Google's first Chrome OS-powered laptops. As you'll see in our video, the CR-48 looks a lot like an old black Apple MacBook that's trying to sneak past customs -- it's all flat black with no stic...
It's official: I can no longer think of a single person I know (unless, of course, you count my two-year-old) who doesn't have more work on their to-do list than any human being can reasonably be expected to handle. If you're like everyone I know, ch...
From the moment Samsung unveiled the Galaxy Tab, it has promoted the smaller 7-inch display as a feature. However, hints that Samsung is working on a 10-inch version of the Android tablet suggest that could just be marketing hype, and that Samsung re...
Yes, people who think that it's okay to put 100 graphs on one slide do exist. Learn from these examples how not to make PowerPoint slides for your next big meeting.
Were it not for Windows' long-standing installed base and overwhelming market dominance, it seems unlikely that anyone would argue seriously for the merit of the operating system, plagued as it is by high prices, security problems and vendor lock-in.
The coming PlayBook tablet from Research in Motion straddles the line between consumer-centric and business-centric device, symbolic of the dilemma RIM faces serving both markets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCVMWare ConsultantWA
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCAzure Consultant/EngineerQLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA