Research in Motion announced a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet Monday that will do battle with Apple's iPad and the Samsung Galaxy Tab early next year when it becomes available in the US.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Research in Motion's tablet, rumored for months, is nearly official, according to the Wall Street Journal's unnamed sources. If the report is accurate, RIM could reveal the so-called BlackPad next week during a developer conference in San Francisco.
It's all been speculation and rumor for the last year, but now that the Wall Street Journal has joined the rumor mill, many are saying that Research in Motion will launch its top-secret "BlackPad", or Blackberry tablet, in San Francisco on Monday.
With the impending launch of the Samsung Galaxy Tab, Android will finally have a tablet worthy of competing against the Apple iPad.
Google on Monday announced that it will introduce versions of Google Docs for tablets running both the Android and Apple iOS4 mobile operating systems.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab will be available soon in the United States through all four major wireless carriers.
As the details of Samsung's Galaxy Tab are gradually revealed, it's becoming increasingly clear that many of the tablet's most desirable features derive from its use of Android--or Linux, that is--which, after all, is the basis for Google's winning m...
IE 9's main browser window takes minimalism to a new level.
One of the best ways to see what's changed with the ninth and newest version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer is to tune into beautyoftheweb.com and watch the words, images, and DIVs bounce around, luring the world into pretty images and information...
The term "disruptive," a common buzzword in tech journalism, is typically used to describe something that jars people out of existing ways of doing things, and provides them with both new ways to do the old things and new things to do. Weather-beaten...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SanDisk builds tougher flash for IoT devices
- It's official: HP will break itself in two
- Seagate launches 4TB portable drive with wireless smartphone backup
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW