The coming PlayBook tablet from Research in Motion straddles the line between consumer-centric and business-centric device, symbolic of the dilemma RIM faces serving both markets.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Research in Motion announced a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet Monday that will do battle with Apple's iPad and the Samsung Galaxy Tab early next year when it becomes available in the US.
Research in Motion's tablet, rumored for months, is nearly official, according to the Wall Street Journal's unnamed sources. If the report is accurate, RIM could reveal the so-called BlackPad next week during a developer conference in San Francisco.
It's all been speculation and rumor for the last year, but now that the Wall Street Journal has joined the rumor mill, many are saying that Research in Motion will launch its top-secret "BlackPad", or Blackberry tablet, in San Francisco on Monday.
With the impending launch of the Samsung Galaxy Tab, Android will finally have a tablet worthy of competing against the Apple iPad.
Google on Monday announced that it will introduce versions of Google Docs for tablets running both the Android and Apple iOS4 mobile operating systems.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab will be available soon in the United States through all four major wireless carriers.
As the details of Samsung's Galaxy Tab are gradually revealed, it's becoming increasingly clear that many of the tablet's most desirable features derive from its use of Android--or Linux, that is--which, after all, is the basis for Google's winning m...
IE 9's main browser window takes minimalism to a new level.
One of the best ways to see what's changed with the ninth and newest version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer is to tune into beautyoftheweb.com and watch the words, images, and DIVs bounce around, luring the world into pretty images and information...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
- New supercomputer will unite x86, Power9 and ARM chips
- AWS comes out swinging with A.I. services
- How Trump will attack the FCC's net neutrality rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCGuidewire ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- FTNode Developer / ArchitectVIC
- CCWintel Server SupportACT
- CCSenior Automation TesterSA
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERVIC
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Manager AnalyticsVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- FTFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesACT
- CCAgile TesterNSW