Research in Motion announced a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet Monday that will do battle with Apple's iPad and the Samsung Galaxy Tab early next year when it becomes available in the US.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Research in Motion's tablet, rumored for months, is nearly official, according to the Wall Street Journal's unnamed sources. If the report is accurate, RIM could reveal the so-called BlackPad next week during a developer conference in San Francisco.
It's all been speculation and rumor for the last year, but now that the Wall Street Journal has joined the rumor mill, many are saying that Research in Motion will launch its top-secret "BlackPad", or Blackberry tablet, in San Francisco on Monday.
With the impending launch of the Samsung Galaxy Tab, Android will finally have a tablet worthy of competing against the Apple iPad.
Google on Monday announced that it will introduce versions of Google Docs for tablets running both the Android and Apple iOS4 mobile operating systems.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab will be available soon in the United States through all four major wireless carriers.
As the details of Samsung's Galaxy Tab are gradually revealed, it's becoming increasingly clear that many of the tablet's most desirable features derive from its use of Android--or Linux, that is--which, after all, is the basis for Google's winning m...
IE 9's main browser window takes minimalism to a new level.
One of the best ways to see what's changed with the ninth and newest version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer is to tune into beautyoftheweb.com and watch the words, images, and DIVs bounce around, luring the world into pretty images and information...
The term "disruptive," a common buzzword in tech journalism, is typically used to describe something that jars people out of existing ways of doing things, and provides them with both new ways to do the old things and new things to do. Weather-beaten...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC