The WIMP human-computer interface may have an uninspiring name, but Windows, Icons, Menus and Pointing devices have dominated computing for some 15 years. The keyboard, mouse and display screen have served users extraordinarily well.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Twenty-five years ago, a writer named Andrew Fluegelman became the editor of a new magazine--this one. He was already something of a celebrity in the wider world of personal computing as the father of "freeware," a concept that he had popularized, st...
With all the people out there willing to offer help on Linux, getting started should be pretty easy. But with many options in introductory books and easy-to-install distributions, choosing a place to start can be the hard part.
With the first end date deadline for the general availability of Windows XP just six months away, June 30, 2008, there are a number of XP licensing questions that are still on the minds of internal licensing desk managers and enterprise IT department...
It has been almost four years since the last revision of Microsoft Office for the Mac, and Macintosh users can be forgiven for getting a little impatient. We heard all the buzz about the radical interface makeover for Office 2007 for Windows, and we ...
Everex may not be releasing its first US$399 ultraportable CloudBook until the end of January, but the Taiwanese PC maker is already talking about a supersize successor due later this year that will sport a bigger screen but stay under $500.
Quick looks at the coolest new devices for the Apple fans in your life.
The new year began with the tech blow-out that is the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Many of the big Asian tech companies were at the event showing their latest gadgets, and some interesting new technology that will be availabl...
Like many gearheads, I've owned a lot of portable computers over the years -- and I've wanted to replace every last one with a smaller, sleeker upgrade, from the "luggable" Apple IIc onward. But most of those upgrades have left me disappointed: with ...
Don't like the way Internet Explorer 7 looks or works? Then change it. There are plenty of ways you can hack it, tweak it or just make it simpler to use. In this article, you'll find out how to speed up IE's display of Web sites, build your own Sea...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- It's time to future-proof Australia's copyright laws for the 21st century
- Prepare for the rise of the augmented human: Futurist Simon Raik-Allen
- An inside look at Microsoft’s booming cloud business
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
- Infographic: Commercial drones by the numbers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Manual)NSW
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.Net/Crystal Report) 160504/AP/vtdAsia
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCFront end web developer - JUNE / JULY STARTACT
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- FTDesktop Support Technician - onsite Corporate officesVIC
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/J2EE) 160511/AP/522Asia
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC