Consider the similarity between Angelina Jolie and the One Laptop Per Child project. Both garner gobs of favorable publicity for their humanitarian work that overshadow, in Jolie's case, her recent dry spell at the box office, and in the OLPC's case,...
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Some IT executives might have been alarmed when Gartner predicted that by next year 10 percent of companies will require employees to purchase and maintain their own notebooks and other devices. But for Bill Leo, CIO of Oliver Wyman Delta Organizatio...
Microsoft's decision last week to delay the end of Windows XP sales five months means users have just that much longer to jilt Vista and return to the older -- and some say more mature -- operating system. But even with XP's reprieve, few PCs come wi...
During the first day of its Intel Developer forum in San Francisco this week, the chip giant set launch dates for its next generation of microprocessors, demonstrated future CPU designs that support up to eight cores, and looked ahead to the manufact...
Last week I wrote about how Apple's growing success will trigger accusations that it is a monopolistic, copycat bully and why the company should be defended against such complaints. This week, I'll discuss the secrets of Apple's growing success and c...
So you're switching from Windows to Linux? Great. Like other users and organizations who've taken the plunge, it's likely you're making the move to take advantage of Linux's stability and reliance on open standards. Now all you have to do is prepare ...
After lots of hemming and hawing, obfuscation and obdurate executive attitudes, Microsoft came clean today, sort of, about Vista's first service pack. The company confirmed a three-month launch window and said it would shortly move Service Pack 1 int...
For consumers, the Macintosh's hip quotient is being hammered home with one of the largest and most memorable advertising campaigns in Apple history. But the enterprise isn't getting any of that attention.
In a world where generic MP3 players are sold alongside Chia Pets in every K-Mart, Target and Quickie Mart, Apple's iPods are anything but commodities.
The company formerly known as Apple Computer and now called simply Apple is unique in many ways -- including in its ability to drive even folks who admire it positively batty. It makes great products (usually), yet its secretiveness about them border...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dick Smith shareholders left out in the cold
- Corporate “No-Cloud” policy in 2020 will be as rare as a “No-Internet” policy today
- A UK 'Brexit' may have a sunny side for tech
- Top legal tips for startups in the digital space
- Google goes after SharePoint with new enterprise tools
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA