Microsoft Monday shed little light on its forthcoming Office Web Applications, which were announced nine months ago, leaving more questions about the depth of features, their integration with Office on the desktop, how they would run inside a corpora...
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Netbook shipments will double this year, while mainstream laptop shipments will remain flat, research firm DisplaySearch said on Monday.
As expected, Microsoft on Monday revealed a test version of the next round of its Office suite of products, which will be available in the first half of 2010.
Business customers can start ordering Windows 7 beginning Sept. 1, slightly ahead of the general release of the OS the next month, Microsoft unveiled on Monday.
Microsoft plans to use Windows Embedded to combat rival operating systems in smartbooks and a number of other devices meant to always be connected to the Internet that Microsoft calls CIDs, or consumer Internet devices.
Microsoft will include a feature that lets people run applications in a Windows XP mode on Windows 7 to ensure that applications not designed for the forthcoming OS can run on it, a company executive said Monday.
Six in 10 companies plan to skip Microsoft's Windows 7, many of them because they've cut budgets and others because of compatibility worries, a survey released today said.
Apple will release a netbook this October that sells for about US$800 and sports a 9.7-in. screen, a Taiwanese news site has reported.
Intel appears ready to deliver, starting next month, new server, laptop and desktop processors based on its new microarchitecture, which offers improved performance.
Nearly six in 10 companies have no current plans to deploy Microsoft's latest operating system, Windows 7, due for release in October, according to a new survey.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCUX DesignersQLD