Microsoft Monday shed little light on its forthcoming Office Web Applications, which were announced nine months ago, leaving more questions about the depth of features, their integration with Office on the desktop, how they would run inside a corpora...
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Netbook shipments will double this year, while mainstream laptop shipments will remain flat, research firm DisplaySearch said on Monday.
As expected, Microsoft on Monday revealed a test version of the next round of its Office suite of products, which will be available in the first half of 2010.
Business customers can start ordering Windows 7 beginning Sept. 1, slightly ahead of the general release of the OS the next month, Microsoft unveiled on Monday.
Microsoft plans to use Windows Embedded to combat rival operating systems in smartbooks and a number of other devices meant to always be connected to the Internet that Microsoft calls CIDs, or consumer Internet devices.
Microsoft will include a feature that lets people run applications in a Windows XP mode on Windows 7 to ensure that applications not designed for the forthcoming OS can run on it, a company executive said Monday.
Six in 10 companies plan to skip Microsoft's Windows 7, many of them because they've cut budgets and others because of compatibility worries, a survey released today said.
Apple will release a netbook this October that sells for about US$800 and sports a 9.7-in. screen, a Taiwanese news site has reported.
Intel appears ready to deliver, starting next month, new server, laptop and desktop processors based on its new microarchitecture, which offers improved performance.
Nearly six in 10 companies have no current plans to deploy Microsoft's latest operating system, Windows 7, due for release in October, according to a new survey.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
- Telstra commits $50 million to cut mobile outages
- Do Apple’s financial results mark the end of the golden smartphone era?
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- As more devices flood the market, security spending on Internet of Things heightens
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTBA/Technical Project Manager/Product ManagerQLD
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC