Microsoft Monday shed little light on its forthcoming Office Web Applications, which were announced nine months ago, leaving more questions about the depth of features, their integration with Office on the desktop, how they would run inside a corpora...
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Netbook shipments will double this year, while mainstream laptop shipments will remain flat, research firm DisplaySearch said on Monday.
As expected, Microsoft on Monday revealed a test version of the next round of its Office suite of products, which will be available in the first half of 2010.
Business customers can start ordering Windows 7 beginning Sept. 1, slightly ahead of the general release of the OS the next month, Microsoft unveiled on Monday.
Microsoft plans to use Windows Embedded to combat rival operating systems in smartbooks and a number of other devices meant to always be connected to the Internet that Microsoft calls CIDs, or consumer Internet devices.
Microsoft will include a feature that lets people run applications in a Windows XP mode on Windows 7 to ensure that applications not designed for the forthcoming OS can run on it, a company executive said Monday.
Six in 10 companies plan to skip Microsoft's Windows 7, many of them because they've cut budgets and others because of compatibility worries, a survey released today said.
Apple will release a netbook this October that sells for about US$800 and sports a 9.7-in. screen, a Taiwanese news site has reported.
Intel appears ready to deliver, starting next month, new server, laptop and desktop processors based on its new microarchitecture, which offers improved performance.
Nearly six in 10 companies have no current plans to deploy Microsoft's latest operating system, Windows 7, due for release in October, according to a new survey.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
- Google buys maker of fascinating, creepy robots
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCData ModellerACT
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT