Contract manufacturer Flextronics opened a research and design center for laptop computers in Taiwan, aiming to tap into the island's pool of engineering talent.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
The world's largest chip maker is working with Google on the Chrome operating system and has been privy to the project for some time, a spokesman for the company said Friday.
Dell on Friday said it would consider testing Google's upcoming Chrome operating system, but didn't commit to offering the Linux-based OS in future products.
Google really really doesn't like Microsoft.
Microsoft's timing of Windows 7's launch is "fortuitous" because U.S. corporate PC buying plans are on the upswing for the first time in 18 months, a market research company said this week.
File this under: Don't believe everything you see.
Whether you prefer Linux, Windows, or Mac OS X, you can probably get almost everything you need done with your chosen OS. However, sometimes a task demands an OS that you are not currently using. That's where virtualization programs like Sun Microsys...
Google Inc. says its coming Linux-based Chrome operating system will "start up and get you onto the web in a few seconds."
With the Internet abuzz this week about Google's newly announced plan for its upcoming Chrome OS operating system, some analysts are wondering what exactly will set it apart from its popular -- and established -- rivals.
Google is already working with several companies to develop devices around the new Chrome OS, including Hewlett-Packard and Acer, the company said in a blog post late Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
- LinkedIn aims to make email more professional, with LinkedIn Intro
- 5G will have to do more than send speed up your phone, Ericsson says
- Wireless world record: Researchers transfer data at 100Gbps through the air
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW