Netbook prices in the U.S. are tumbling as retail stores are offering the machines virtually for free, but with caveats attached to them.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Microsoft will finish Windows 7 a week from today and declare the operating system ready for "release to manufacturing," several Web sites have reported.
Psystar, the Mac clone maker embroiled in a legal dispute with Apple, asked a federal judge last week to dismiss its bankruptcy case, saying that it had been unable to reach a payment agreement with its law firm.
Microsoft will offer a multi-license "family pack" for Windows 7, according to a pair of bloggers who cite details in the end-user licensing agreement (EULA) of a recently-leaked build.
Consumers running Windows Vista Ultimate, who have blasted Microsoft for breaking promises to deliver a host of extras, are now knocking the company's upgrade plans and discount pricing for Windows 7.
Greenpeace International on Wednesday criticized some major PC makers for backtracking on commitments to reduce hazardous substances in hardware.
There is only one obvious question in Cisco's overture Tuesday that it might take on Microsoft and Google in the online productivity application arena -- what took so long?
Taiwan's Consumer Protection Commission has ordered Dell to make good on sales from an online pricing error and deliver 19-inch LCD monitors to local consumers for NT$500 (US$15.26).
The latest release of Firefox appeared as promised this afternoon BST on the Mozilla website, with the headline improvement being a claimed performance boost. It also comes with some bugs.
Microsoft will begin pushing Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) to enterprises next month, the company announced this week.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- 5 ways Cisco could become an iPhone's best friend
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)Other
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- TPSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- CCDeployment LeadVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCChange and Communications AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD