Microsoft's Windows 7 Beta will start to spontaneously reboot every two hours beginning on Wednesday, the company has warned users.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Mobile carriers may start giving away netbooks for free, and Linux-based application stores could help them profit by doing it, the head of a Linux advocacy group told Chinese companies on Monday.
A top Microsoft executive today denied reports that European users will pay more for Windows 7 because of the company's wrangling with antitrust regulators.
Some small PC makers are paying a price for Windows 7 upgrades, but they have given a vote of confidence to the OS as it could deliver more profits by attracting buyers to purchase new systems.
Microsoft's limit on the number of computers eligible for free Windows 7 upgrades is "artificial" and "silly," an analyst said today, and may create just the situation the company hoped to avoid: stalled PC sales.
The ZigBee Alliance is working on a standard for products based on the wireless technology that can operate without batteries by harvesting energy from their environment, it said on Monday.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs has returned to work on schedule after taking a six-month leave of absence due to medical issues, the company said on Monday.
A U.S. judge on Friday denied an IBM request that would have barred a former executive from working at Dell over concerns that he would misappropriate trade secrets.
European customers will pay up to twice as much for Windows 7 compared to U.S. users, even though the new operating system will ship without a browser in Europe, according to Microsoft.
A long-awaited PC upgrade cycle among small and medium-sized businesses may lie just around the corner, according to an executive at a Taiwanese hardware maker.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- How to get a word count with Microsoft Office for iPad
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- PTSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsSA
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- TPSharePoint ConsultantACT
- FTIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)NSW
- CCDevOps EngineerWA
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationOther
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- TPBusiness Improvement and Change ManagerQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA