Intel hung on to its position as number-one semiconductor vendor by revenue in 2006, despite a 12 per cent revenue decline over the previous year, according to a Gartner report.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Any lingering image of Hewlett-Packard as a stodgy company was dispelled Wednesday night in San Francisco as the company called "Game On" in its bid for a piece of the online gaming industry.
Greenpeace has published its latest "green ranking" of the world's biggest electronics companies and the results might surprise you.
Apple has added an option to its Mac Pro desktop line that lets customers build out systems equipped with two of Intel's fastest quad-core Xeon processors, marking the first time users have been able to buy a Mac powered by eight -- yes, eight -- pro...
Microsoft unfairly labeled PCs "Windows Vista Capable" even when the computers could only run the most basic form of the operating system, according to a lawsuit filed against the software giant on Thursday.
South Korea's LG Electronics and Japan's Matsushita Electric Industrial, better known as Panasonic, have both settled patent infringement lawsuits with Taiwanese companies, they said.
Acer has taken a swipe at a major competitor at the launch of its new mini PC range. Billed as a 'notebook replacement', Acer claims the three-litre ultra small form factor PCs offer the same performance as traditional models. But marketing director,...
For economic reasons, most of the components created for the One Laptop Per Child project's US$100 notebook computer are innovations on tried-and-true tech, not state-of-the-art. That is, except for one aspect of the device: how the laptop generates ...
An internal investigation at Dell has found evidence of misconduct and accounting errors, forcing the company to delay filing its annual earnings report with stock market regulators, it said Thursday after the U.S. stock market closed.
Intel will begin producing its next-generation Penryn processors by the end of 2007, using greater power efficiency to push improved Core 2 and Xeon chips to speeds over 3GHz.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT