Microsoft unfairly labeled PCs "Windows Vista Capable" even when the computers could only run the most basic form of the operating system, according to a lawsuit filed against the software giant on Thursday.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
South Korea's LG Electronics and Japan's Matsushita Electric Industrial, better known as Panasonic, have both settled patent infringement lawsuits with Taiwanese companies, they said.
Acer has taken a swipe at a major competitor at the launch of its new mini PC range. Billed as a 'notebook replacement', Acer claims the three-litre ultra small form factor PCs offer the same performance as traditional models. But marketing director,...
For economic reasons, most of the components created for the One Laptop Per Child project's US$100 notebook computer are innovations on tried-and-true tech, not state-of-the-art. That is, except for one aspect of the device: how the laptop generates ...
An internal investigation at Dell has found evidence of misconduct and accounting errors, forcing the company to delay filing its annual earnings report with stock market regulators, it said Thursday after the U.S. stock market closed.
Intel will begin producing its next-generation Penryn processors by the end of 2007, using greater power efficiency to push improved Core 2 and Xeon chips to speeds over 3GHz.
Thanks to requests by its customers, Dell is going to start offering Linux pre-installed on its PCs and notebooks, the company said Wednesday.
Hewlett-Packard is adding new entry-level hardware to a product line aimed at buyers in emerging global markets as well as small-to-medium sized businesses.
Asustek Computer plans to launch a PC motherboard in April with an interface that will allow users to watch high definition (HD) movies on either the Blu-ray Disc or HD-DVD formats.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC), the world's largest contract chip maker, is offering companies a way to make chips that are faster, consume less power and cost less than is possible with 65-nanometer (nm) process technology.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 2 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 3 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 4 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 5 ZTE Blade S6 review: A dual-SIM, 4G smartphone for less than $300
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Office Hardware
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Cryptolocker variant discovered targeting Australians
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
- New Windows privilege escalation flaw exploited in active attacks
- Facebook says yes, your posts can be used for ads
- ATM malware may spread from Mexico to English-speaking world
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW