South Korea's LG Electronics and Japan's Matsushita Electric Industrial, better known as Panasonic, have both settled patent infringement lawsuits with Taiwanese companies, they said.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Acer has taken a swipe at a major competitor at the launch of its new mini PC range. Billed as a 'notebook replacement', Acer claims the three-litre ultra small form factor PCs offer the same performance as traditional models. But marketing director,...
Mobile printing has never been easier. For a busy office, reliable and easy-to-use tools are essential. Samsung's latest smart printers are equipped for wireless printing from mobile devices. Find out more about what is all about.
For economic reasons, most of the components created for the One Laptop Per Child project's US$100 notebook computer are innovations on tried-and-true tech, not state-of-the-art. That is, except for one aspect of the device: how the laptop generates ...
An internal investigation at Dell has found evidence of misconduct and accounting errors, forcing the company to delay filing its annual earnings report with stock market regulators, it said Thursday after the U.S. stock market closed.
Intel will begin producing its next-generation Penryn processors by the end of 2007, using greater power efficiency to push improved Core 2 and Xeon chips to speeds over 3GHz.
Thanks to requests by its customers, Dell is going to start offering Linux pre-installed on its PCs and notebooks, the company said Wednesday.
Hewlett-Packard is adding new entry-level hardware to a product line aimed at buyers in emerging global markets as well as small-to-medium sized businesses.
Asustek Computer plans to launch a PC motherboard in April with an interface that will allow users to watch high definition (HD) movies on either the Blu-ray Disc or HD-DVD formats.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC), the world's largest contract chip maker, is offering companies a way to make chips that are faster, consume less power and cost less than is possible with 65-nanometer (nm) process technology.
Revenues from the sale of add-on video cards in the last three months of 2006 were down 15 per cent from the same quarter in 2005, as the delayed release of Windows Vista and ever-more-powerful integrated graphics processors took their toll on Nvidia...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Apple Pay could be a big deal for Android users
- Microsoft (hearts) Linux, for Azure's sake
- IPhones dial in larger Apple profit in fourth quarter
- Telephony vendor Mitel goes public with $540M bid for ShoreTel
- Office Mix now lets PowerPoint users create on the fly
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW